Rear Reflective Panels - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

went with yellow with black reflective...
    Attachment 16937
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Looks good...can you post a pic with them "turned on" ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Looks good...can you post a pic with them "turned on" ?
    While I was at it, i whipped out some yellow/red reflective for the license plate frame
    Attachment 16938
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Revive this old thread....

I finally got around to "re-applying" the 3M black reflective film... after eff'ing up the first attempt with misapplication of it.

I had ordered two sheets of this stuff off of the 'net shortly thereafter; and decided to get a template created and transfer to one of the two sheets that I had.

Very please with the effect. My hand still seems steady as well to re-create the template/shape required, it looks professional...

I think I really "over-engineered the application of it last time... this time I simply placed it "lightly" at the interior point of the rear mudflap and carefully laid the rest of the reflective film onto the surface. Then carefully rubbed outwards to ensure no air bubbles were trapped under the film.

Below are two pictures of the effect (without and with flash):

Still have a lot of this reflective film left over... and thinking of doing the entire area of that plastic behind the plate... need to think about that though.... during a day when I'm bored out of my mind... which isn't very often these days...

Very nicely done !!!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That looks VERY sharp, sir.
    Well done!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I hate getting old

I bought these reflective panels during the winter months with the idea of putting them on when the weather warmed up and put them away where I knew I would remember where I put them. Oh Boy they might be permanently lost, I can't find them for love nor money.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I finally got around to "re-applying" the 3M black reflective film... after eff'ing up the first attempt with misapplication of it.

I had ordered two sheets of this stuff off of the 'net shortly thereafter; and decided to get a template created and transfer to one of the two sheets that I had.

Very please with the effect. My hand still seems steady as well to re-create the template/shape required, it looks professional...

I think I really "over-engineered the application of it last time... this time I simply placed it "lightly" at the interior point of the rear mudflap and carefully laid the rest of the reflective film onto the surface. Then carefully rubbed outwards to ensure no air bubbles were trapped under the film.

Below are two pictures of the effect (without and with flash):

Still have a lot of this reflective film left over... and thinking of doing the entire area of that plastic behind the plate... need to think about that though.... during a day when I'm bored out of my mind... which isn't very often these days...

That looks great. I may try to do the same thing, but only on the black plastic on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I bought these reflective panels during the winter months with the idea of putting them on when the weather warmed up and put them away where I knew I would remember where I put them. Oh Boy they might be permanently lost, I can't find them for love nor money.
    Easy way to find them: buy a new pair, the old ones will show up about 5 minutes after you receive the new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    That looks great. I may try to do the same thing, but only on the black plastic on mine.
    3M makes different flavors (colors) of this reflective sheeting. You could try a white or silver possibly... to get it to blend in better with the white painted areas of the read saddlebags.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ain't it the truth

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Easy way to find them: buy a new pair, the old ones will show up about 5 minutes after you receive the new ones!

That scenario never fails, your lost stuff always shows up right after you spend the money to replace what you lost.