New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy?

Greg list isn't in any specific order I think so let's try to give Yikes a better list.

1. Yikes- it mostly depends on how you fit in the stock seat. If you happy then move to #2, if not there are plenty of threads to discuss this, but finding the right windscreen is nil if you change your sitting position.
    2. Mostly everyone does change the windscreen. Again, plenty of threads to read on this subject.
    3. More light on the rear, most of us use a TIR3 Welen light, that replaces the reflector perfectly.
    4. Since you bought the Standard, the center Stand and if someone will be riding with you the backrest. I'd say were next.
    5. If you need a Power outlet in the left cubby ok this one is fairly cheap it can go here. But I am considering running power to the gps on the windscreen up through the dash and not out of the left cubby.
    6. Get the Puppies hand grips and Go-cruise. These are so cheap your'll wonder why you didn't do them first.
    7.Sound System- actually the sound system if you set it up right isn't that bad. You have two sound controls to help that one is (AVC) Auto Volume Control. Gets louder the faster you go. Use a flash drive in the left saddlebag and a phone in the earplug in the left cubby you have all kinds of music.
    8. Belly pan- it's like insurance for less than $70.

Tradition say's you gotta post a pic! from soggy Tampa, Fl
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

New windscreen first. For me, the wind buffeting was alot more annoying than my sore butt.

Where is the best place to buy TIR3 Welen light?

So, I see the deal with the belly pan. Lots of soft thin metal under there.

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    Where is the best place to buy TIR3 Welen light?
    See this thread - http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2341-whelen-tir3-light&highlight=whelen
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

Whelen TIR3 ordered.

What's the best source for a center stand?

Center stands are removed to make trikes. Try Ebay!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    What's the best source for a center stand?
    Don't do what I did and buy the center stand from the dealer. There is a dealership that does trike conversions in Oklahoma that sells them for 60 bucks brand new, go that route and put it on yourself.

I too bought a 2013 standard left-over July 3, 2015. The deal was just too good to pass up, but before I took possession I had the dealer install the higher windscreen with a vent and a 1" lowering block ( I have 28" inseam ).
    The windshield is fantastic Yesterday I was cruising down I-380 at 80 mph with a baseball cap on with no fear of sun-burn due to the loss of my hat. It was 85 degrees but with just the right amount of breeze coming through the adjustable vent, I was perfectly comfortable.
    The lowering block's 1" reduction in seat height plus the 1" reduction gained by replacing the stock seat with a, Mustang, allows me to sit and be flat footed at the traffic lights.
    The Mustang seat is comfortable but it lacks the ability to add a back rest. Something I got used to on my old bike and I will miss dearly unless somebody comes up with a fix.
    As I've always done when buying a new bike, ordered the MFG shop manuals.
    I also added Kury's bar adjustment kit which moved the handles 2" back and 1" up. That allows for a less aggressive set back riding position. Something that is probably more important to us old cruising farts then the younger riders.
    I added a set of Kury's driver's floorboards w/controls and a set of the folding highway pegs that bolt on to the engine covers.
    I added the smoke chrome luggage rack (note: a mounting kit sold separately is required to install it). A removable trunk will be added in the near future.
    Now for my problem. After checking with the vender by phone about the compatibility, I ordered a set of Kury's black ISO gripes and a Breakaway cruise control (throttle lock). After installing the grips I found out they don't work together and Breakaway doesn't offer any alternative.
    Anybody out there know of a good throttle lock that will work with the ISO grip?????
    Second major problem I'm not sure if my SS check will cover all the goodies?