pulling trigger onb 960 fogs, a few q's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pulling trigger onb 960 fogs, a few q's

pulling trigger onb 960 fogs, a few q's

They are available from bike mp3, are they a sponsor? if not do other vendors sell them?
    They now are offered without a switch...while i'm a more is better guy, I also try to "keep it simple stupid" Can you think of a good reason to buy a switch (35$ upcharge) ? I really intend to use them as DRL's and I dont ride at night much, if at all so they would be on all the time..
    Are they truly plug and play? ie no splicing?

Anything else I should be aware of? (they are a lot of money)

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    They are available from bike mp3, are they a sponsor? if not do other vendors sell them?
    They now are offered without a switch...while i'm a more is better guy, I also try to "keep it simple stupid" Can you think of a good reason to buy a switch (35$ upcharge) ? I really intend to use them as DRL's and I dont ride at night much, if at all so they would be on all the time..
    Are they truly plug and play? ie no splicing?

Anything else I should be aware of? (they are a lot of money)
    Rick-- I'm not aware of anyone else offering the 960's. That's unfortunate because currently, I don't believe Bike MP3 is a sponsor. It appears the switch they are offering now is similar to the one I have. If it is, in fact, the green lighted switch that illuminates when the lights are switched on, I think that's a very nice feature. There are times that I switch off my lights but frankly, I could probably live without that capability. One situation that could possibly come into play would be in extended, very slow traffic where your engine rpms are so low, the battery is draining. In times like that, it is nice to be able to switch off all unnecessary electrical loads.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Wingstuff also sells them and I believe are a sponser here.I have had mine on for over a year and have had no problems with them.They are very bright and visible during the day so I never shut mine off so I do not think the switch is needed.They take a little adjusting to get them to mate up with the cowl well and I did not install the trim around the cowl as it did not fit well and I think it looks fine without it.Very low draw as my volt meter shows.Other then the funky trim they are plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Wingstuff also sells them and I believe are a sponser here.
    True, but the lights still come from BikeMP3 so a purchase is still benefiting a non-sponsor. The fact is, there are many desirable products that don't originate from a sponsor but that doesn't mean we shouldn't buy from them. The reasonable approach, IMO, is to support our sponsors where feasible and give them first-shot. Otherwise, it's anybody's game.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    True, but the lights still come from BikeMP3 so a purchase is still benefiting a non-sponsor. The fact is, there are many desirable products that don't originate from a sponsor but that doesn't mean we shouldn't buy from them. The reasonable approach, IMO, is to support our sponsors where feasible and give them first-shot. Otherwise, it's anybody's game.
    Agreed. I got the throttlemeister FROM them, and when there was an issue of needing a small part because I received the non heated, after asking where I got it, throttlemeister sent it out immediately, might've had to go through the vendor otherwise...no huge deal but...anyway- I also shop price, MP3 has a competetive price over others (I thouhght...then couldn't find them, hence my question)..just sayin.

Hmm, just checking, I dint see the 960s for lower cowl mounting on wingstuff.
    All good, I try to spread the wealth (such as it is)

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post

Hmm, just checking, I dint see the 960s for lower cowl mounting on wingstuff.
    All good, I try to spread the wealth (such as it is)
    You looking for this:

http://wingstuff.com/products/34416-...electrical-f6b
    Ken (Hornblower)

Wow. I CALLED wingstuff and the guy said they don't carry them. Also NOW I am worried, the reviews don't seem so good there and I ordered already. Thanks ken...I guess I'll wait and see how they look. Ordered from the other place.

I have had these on the wife's bike for two years no trouble yet and they produce a pure white light.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    I have had these on the wife's bike for two years no trouble yet and they produce a pure white light.
    Thanks- I appreciate that. Almost 300 bucks for a few lights and like I said, the reviews on wingstuff were soso...I thought. Probably just me nervous about the purchase. A number of people have also been quite pleased with them. I'm still surprised that the guy at wingstuff didn't kinow they carried them...or was the link posted here old? odd...

I also have the 960's on my Beast. LOVE THEM!!!

Just came off a 4,000 mile ride and had them on all the time. Lights up the world at night. Lots of very favorable comments. A rock shattered a lens about half way and the LED's kept on ticking.

A significant problem encountered was that the other 3 lights had condensation behind the lenses (lots of rain riding). Didn't impact the performance, but will deteriorate the product over time.

I recently purchased a 'new & improved' set of 960's and installed them. I'll be sending my original set to BikeMP3 in Las Vegas where, I'm told, they'll repair all 4 lights for about $19.00 each.

So far the new set are working gloriously, but ain't had no rain (Dallas) since I've been back. Will report.
    It's a motorcycle!!!!! It's Supposed to have wind!!!!