Ride Like A Pro classes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride Like A Pro classes

Ride Like A Pro classes

Have any of you taken the actual "Ride Like A Pro" class at the New Port Richey,Florida training area?
    Here is a link to the program if you are not aware of what it is.

https://www.ridelikeapro.com/rider-classes/

I used the "Ride Like A Pro" DVDs back when I had my Royal Star Venture with great success.
    The F6B is a whole different animal.
    I am planning to ride down and take the actual course in September to find out what I don't know about riding a F6B and hopefully correct that.
    I will then practice constantly as I did with the DVDs.

Doug

shooter
    Doug when I ride solo no problems. I practice my slow speed maneuvers and handle the bike good. Two up is a whole different animal. I'm still learning. My first wife only rode with me once. So I didn't ride two up till 1 year ago. Thought I could do anything on a MC. You put my wife on the back and I'm almost like a rookie. I should be good at it by the time I'm too old to do it.

I do ok on my F6B solo or with a passenger.
    I just want to be better than Ok.
    I can not get used to the maneuvers on this bike as I did on the RSV.
    I could go so slow in a circle on the RSV that I could almost stop mid turn and let it rest on the crash bar.(overly stated to emphasize my point).
    This bike is a different story.
    Slow speeds straight line are no problem.
    It is the turning around at slow speeds that are the issue for me for some reason.

Doug

I just can't get the first part of the throttle to cooperate in slow speed turns. Practice, practice, practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Practice is 100% correct.
    The flip side to that is if you are not doing something correctly,you are practicing the same bad habits.
    I know I do some of them wrong and want that habit broken.
    I have the clutch.brake,throttle thing down pretty well.
    I can almost sit still at a stop sign without my feet leaving the pegs for instance.
    Non planned U turns in close quarters,well that's another story.
    I have spent $150 for a lot less productive things.

Doug

Try doing your slow speed turns in second or third gear. Much easier once you get the hang of it. Less of a twitchy throttle than in first. It is amazing what you can actually do in third.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Da,
    thanks for the tip.
    I did notice when I took off in second by mistake a few times,it felt smoother.

Doug

I could turn the Harley on a dime dragging the running boards the whole way as learned from Ride Like a Pro... On the F6B I can't find the "friction zone". Not sure it has one. I do better in second gear but know I need work.. I'm not satisfied with my slow speed maneuvering on the F6B. When my shoulder is a bit more healed I plan to take the course. I'm sure they can help me. Its a great school.It doesn't matter how advanced your riding they always teach you something..................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Looks like there is a good chance I will be riding down to New Port Richey,Fla over labor day.
    Working out details in the next couple of days.
    I know it is the same days as the rally.
    Truth is after working in a maximum security prison for over 27 years, a side effect is I can not do crowds.
    Even friendly ones.

Doug

I leave Franklin Sunday for Jacksonville and then back through the panhandle to Houston on Tuesday. Maybe lunch if our paths cross.

If it makes you feel more comfortable we could treat you like dirt and smear ourselves with feces. Stop on by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver