Kuryakyn Comfort Drop Mounts with Kinetic footpegs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuryakyn Comfort Drop Mounts with Kinetic footpegs

Kuryakyn Comfort Drop Mounts with Kinetic footpegs

First I have to thank coffee_weasle for doing this and giving me the idea that it might be the way for me too. Also I have to thank stroguy for splitting the cost of a set of Kuryakyn Premium Mini Boards With Comfort Drop Mounts, he got the Mini Boards and I kept the Comfort Drop Mounts.

I have not been happy with the OEM footpegs as they are to high for my size 15 foot to fit under the shift lever comfortably. I had bought a set of Kuryakyn Premium Mini Boards With Comfort Drop Mounts last year, but soon found they were not a good fit for me and no matter how I adjusted them I could not get them to fit me the way I wanted so I sold them to another board member.
    Now here comes coffee_weasle with the Kinetic footpegs #4321 attached to the Comfort Drop Mounts and is loving them. Okay I start looking to buy just the Kuryakyn Comfort Drop Mounts without the Mini Boards and put a set of Kinetic pegs on.
    What do I find.........Kuryakyn won't sell just the Comfort Drop Mounts you have to buy their Mini Boards too, here is where stroguy come into the pic, he is wanting an extra set of Mini Boards to re-paint, but don't need the Comfort Drop Mounts so a deal is struck and I'll buy everything and he pays for the Mini Boards which I'll ship to him.

Installation of all this is a snap as the Kinetic pegs will bolt right onto the Comfort Drop Mounts so no adapters needed.
    Well I just got back from the first ride with Kinetic pegs on Comfort Drop Mounts and I'm loveing the set up. The Kinetic pegs are 5 3/4" long while the OEM pegs are 4 3/4" long from the mounting pin to the end of the peg which gives me the length I want and the narrower Kinetic allows me to rotate my foot much easer for shifting than the OEM pegs or the Mini Boards ever did.
    I did have to lower the rear brake lever as the Comfort Drop Mounts made the lever to high, but that was an easy adjustment. I know I'll be a dragen the Kinetic pegs, but I did that anyway, I even drag my ERGO lll.
    Here are some pic of the set up.
    Attachment 15657Attachment 15658Attachment 15659Attachment 15660

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Sweet !!! Looks like those may touch down a little sooner in the curves as well. Time for some pucks under them ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Sweet !!! Looks like those may touch down a little sooner in the curves as well. Time for some pucks under them ?
    Already working on some Titanium button head ones to replace the tapered flat allen head fastener that hold the rubber insert on, they are right at the underside end of the Kinetic pegs.
    http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...FUkdgQodWXEB4w

BIGLRY, now you need to get Steve to send you one of is black gear shifts or just come to the rally. Last year he did a trade out during the raffle. Nice tough.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRider View Post
    BIGLRY, now you need to get Steve to send you one of is black gear shifts or just come to the rally. Last year he did a trade out during the raffle. Nice tough.
    Yea I seen them and they do look nice.
    If I ever get ambitious I'll pull mine, buff off all the ridges and powder coat it satin black.
    I have a commercial buffing set up in my back yard with a 220v three phase 6hp buffer 15" wheels and a 220v 1 1/2 hp buffer 8" wheels. I run a 20 hp. Rotary Phase Converter to make my 220v three phase. I'd buff rear diff, front forks, calipers, master cylinders, wheels just about any thing you could think of off a scoot.
    Here are some pic of my work.
    Ready for shipping.

Before and after.

Just out of the dish washer.

Buffed aluminum NOT CHROME VTX1800 clutch cover

Buffed VTX1800 forks & trees

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Already working on some Titanium button head ones to replace the tapered flat allen head fastener that hold the rubber insert on, they are right at the underside end of the Kinetic pegs.
    http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...FUkdgQodWXEB4w

I'm glad those pegs are working for you, just be aware, lol, they hurt like HELL when you walk around the bike and you jam your shin into them
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

The geography of those look pretty good. Nice looking setup. Thanks for the split on the purchase. Hope they accomplish what you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Agreed Larry. When I saw this idea/set-up from Weasel I wanted to give it a try too. Already have the mini's on with the drops, just need the pegs. A member here has them for sale, I hope they're still available. I may have some mini boards in the near future on here.... Glad you like the set-up, let us know how your titanium bolts work for you, I'd be interested in the same thing.

After reading this thread, I ,too, decided to try the pegs on my dropped mount for my mini boards. I ordered from Amazon prime and received them today and did the <5 minute install. It seems to me that I actually got a little more legroom because of the bolt placement in the center of the pegs vs. the bolt placement below the mini boards. The pegs definitely makes shifting easier especially when in boots. I did a test ride and they seemed pretty comfortable. I will get a longer ride later in the week. Thanks to all for the information. I have been looking for pegs that would bolt up to the dropped arms for a while. Having the part number made it very easy to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya would think maybe Kuryakyn would get the hint and after I and a few others had called about buying just the drop mounts they would offer them for sale without the mini boards......we'll see.