Extended warranty - How many of you purchased it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended warranty - How many of you purchased it?

Extended warranty - How many of you purchased it?

Just curious how many people purchased extended warranty?
    The F6B is so reliable, I'm not sure it's required.

I opted to not purchase it; with the reservation that I still could within the 3 year original warranty. I've had a couple of Honda's before... I see no immediate need for an extended warranty.

Honda's are a solid bike. That's why I recently went back to one.

Take care of the Honda machine. It will take care of you. Unlike the recent P.O.S. 2011 Victory Vision that I just unloaded. With the worthless manufacturers warranty... trumpeted by the equal and inept Chesapeake Cycles dealer in Annapolis.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

1 extra year came with my bike, so it was a freebie for me.

I did not.
    I believe in the quality and reliability in a Honda.
    Especially a Gold Wing.
    Doug

I might next year if I get a good price and decide to keep the F6B..Never had the extended warranty on any Honda bikes so far and never needed it....Hope my luck holds out and I am pretty sure it will as the GW/F6B bikes have proven to be very reliable with normal use...Some have had front suspension issues, wobble, and steering head bearing problems, after several thousands of miles etc. But so far so good for me.....

It all comes down to what you are comfortable with, for me it was $9 a month for the next 5 1/2 yrs, including towing.

So far the only time in my lifetime I have used an extended warranty was with a Toyota which broke down with issues right at the 99000 mile mark, 1000 miles before expiration of the warranty, cost of repairs $1000, I paid $450 for the policy and used it for 6 yrs.

And although I buy in the belief that Honda, and many other Japanese bikes are reliable, stuff happens and will happen eventually

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I did not.
    I believe in the quality and reliability in a Honda.
    Especially a Gold Wing.
    Doug
    I'm inclined to agree Doug. I've owned a number of Honda bikes over the years and they've all proven to be reliable. Although this is only my first season with my 2013 F6B, I'm going to let April 2016 come and go without worrying about a major breakdown.

I opted to purchase it. At $540, it was too good to pass up. It's a plus if I sell the bike at some point. The warranty can always be canceled with a refund. Before I purchased my F6B in March, I'd purchased a 4 yr for my 2012 Wing that was coming up to the 3 yr mark. I traded my Wing on the F6B a week before my 3 years was up and Honda refunded the Wing warranty purchase price less a $25 fee.

Most of the time extended warranties are a waste of money but they make me feel better when the price is right. On the flip side, it doesn't take much of a repair to make a warranty worth it. There's no right or wrong answer. It's whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I think you will find most of us did.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I opted to not purchase it; with the reservation that I still could within the 3 year original warranty. I've had a couple of Honda's before... I see no immediate need for an extended warranty.

Honda's are a solid bike. That's why I recently went back to one.

Take care of the Honda machine. It will take care of you. Unlike the recent P.O.S. 2011 Victory Vision that I just unloaded. With the worthless manufacturers warranty... trumpeted by the equal and inept Chesapeake Cycles dealer in Annapolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    I opted to purchase it. At $540, it was too good to pass up. It's a plus if I sell the bike at some point. The warranty can always be canceled with a refund. Before I purchased my F6B in March, I'd purchased a 4 yr for my 2012 Wing that was coming up to the 3 yr mark. I traded my Wing on the F6B a week before my 3 years was up and Honda refunded the Wing warranty purchase price less a $25 fee.

Most of the time extended warranties are a waste of money but they make me feel better when the price is right. On the flip side, it doesn't take much of a repair to make a warranty worth it. There's no right or wrong answer. It's whatever makes you feel comfortable.
    I am also thinking about purchasing the extended warranty.I found a dealership in Iowa that will sell it to me for 540 also with the roadside assistance. I would not pay a dime over that though.