For my Florida brethren...SunPass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For my Florida brethren...SunPass

For my Florida brethren...SunPass

What's the best way to employ the "SunPass" transponders?

Per the SunPass website, it says that the "mini-sticker-transponders don't work with motorcycle windscreens."
    Has someone proved this wrong yet? Or do I have to get the "portable transponder"?

What's the gouge, guys?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Sunpass

They seem to be correct that it doesn't work on motorcycles. Every time I try to use the portable hand held or in pocket it doesn't work either...I get a bill from them in the mail for nonpayment of tolls. Doesn't matter which toll road I go on. 528, 417 etc. Of course I send them a check and yes they waved additional fee's each time..........................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Steve, I mounted mine to a chip clip bag clip with 3M. No way I was permanately mounting mine to the bike. I put a small strip of neoprene on each clamp of the clip. It holds at 90MPH no problem.

Attachment 15729

Attachment 15730
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    They seem to be correct that it doesn't work on motorcycles. Every time I try to use the portable hand held or in pocket it doesn't work either...I get a bill from them in the mail for nonpayment of tolls. Doesn't matter which toll road I go on. 528, 417 etc. Of course I send them a check..........................Dickie
    Thanks Dickie. The "pay-by-plate" method is definitely not cost effective. $2.50 "admin" charge on a $1.50 toll - no thanks.

If you have the SunPass transponder and account, do they assess the admin charges when it doesn't trigger?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Steve, I mounted mine to a chip clip bag clip with 3M. No way I was permanently mounting mine to the bike. I put a small strip of neoprene on each clamp of the clip. It holds at 90MPH no problem.
    Stro - I'm wondering if the "mini-transponder" affixed to a chip clip would at least make it portable between vehicles..... They call for the mini to be "permanently affixed" to the inside of a glass windshield and removing it will destroy it.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Stro - I'm wondering if the "mini-transponder" affixed to a chip clip would at least make it portable between vehicles..... They call for the mini to be "permanently affixed" to the inside of a glass windshield and removing it will destroy it.
    Understood. The cages version for our toll authority transponder is a post it note sized capsule that would be destroyed if you removed it from the window. Motorcycle transponders are these larger plastic packages. I just was not going to permanentaly mount it anywhere on the bike. I just toss it in the cubby when not tolling, I have a separate transponder on the car tied to the account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Easy, easy...... buy one transponder, set up an account, THEN add all the tag numbers you want to go under THAT transponder....put the one transponder in your cage !!!...Done
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

One transponder per vehicle in our state. You can't move them around to different vehicles here. My plastic box is velcro attached to the back of my smoke windscreen. I put it in the glove box when not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Thanks Dickie. The "pay-by-plate" method is definitely not cost effective. $2.50 "admin" charge on a $1.50 toll - no thanks.

If you have the SunPass transponder and account, do they assess the admin charges when it doesn't trigger?
    No admin charges if you have an account and bike tag is assigned to it. You can assign numerous vehicle/ trailer tags to one transponder.
    At times, I don't even carry it with me. Toll roads, bridge tolls, Fla Turnpike, no problem.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

I had mine mounted under the glove box lid with 3m duel lock. Worked fine in Oklahoma and Texas. This being the plastic box version. Some people have mounted them under the front cowl with the same 3m product. Use either spot and forget about it, but under the glove box lid is waterproof.