Driving style of darksiders?

Thread: Driving style of darksiders?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevvvo View Post
    I find this whole idea intriguing as hell. My only concern is the rim bead being different between a car and mc. Other than that, I may give it a try when my OEM tire shits the bed. Can anyone elaborate or is it simply a ploy to hinder people from going this route.
    I saw a picture somewhere ... probably on another forum with a cut out section to show the difference in the rim bead for a motorcycle tire and a car tire. By visual inspection, I could not tell a difference.

Several years ago when I first started this darkside stuff, the bead was one of my many concerns. I ask the guy that installed the tire for me about the possibility of it coming off the rim. He told me, and I quote, "I have a hell of a time getting that tire off on purpose, there is no way it is coming off by accident" That was good enough for me!!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I saw a picture somewhere ... probably on another forum with a cut out section to show the difference in the rim bead for a motorcycle tire and a car tire. By visual inspection, I could not tell a difference.

Several years ago when I first started this darkside stuff, the bead was one of my many concerns. I ask the guy that installed the tire for me about the possibility of it coming off the rim. He told me, and I quote, "I have a hell of a time getting that tire off on purpose, there is no way it is coming off by accident" That was good enough for me!!
    We had a thread a couple of months ago discussing the very aspect of a car bead -vs- M\C bead on a wheel. Very informative.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537