Saddlebag Organizer Mod

Thread: Saddlebag Organizer Mod

Saddlebag Organizer Mod

Several of us have gotten these organizers. They are well made, but do not follow the contour of the bags well and will not stay in place with the velcro. How many times have you opened the bag to find they had fallen off?

So, I did a couple of things and now they are great. First, I carefully cut a hole in the back of them where they lay on that big round boss (?). I did not cut all the way through, just through the hard plastic part. This way, you can bend the organizer a bit and they will lay nicely onto the lid.

Next, I epoxied a piece of abs plastic on one end of the bag to use as a lip to hold that end of the organizer (scruff up the bag there, first). Then I used a cubed piece of plexiglass and shaped it to hold the other end of the organizer. This piece is held in place by the screw that holds the lid strap/string thingy (you'll need a longer screw).

So, the organizer is now held into place firmly, and the velcro is actually helpful. Together it works great. It's been months and they are still firmly in place. Oh, and I added some elastic netting for the heck of it.

Hopefully the pics clear this up:
    The arrows point to the abs lip and the plexiglass holder.

Attachment 15681 Attachment 15683

Attachment 15682 Attachment 15684

Attachment 15685
    Albuquerque, NM

Nice....I just pit double sticky in obvious places and its been working for 6 months.

I'm confused ...

Why not just use the GW storage bags? They may not be as "organized", but I don't really need organization in each bag.

I just pack/roll things in one bag that I need daily, and the other for less than daily and changed out stuff.

Can the "organizers" be removed to move into the motel? And, what about dirty stuff? What do you do about that?

Look ... I'm not knocking this mod, but don't see the purpose. Are these used for traveling?

Organizers- I put suntan lotion and bungies and towels, misc small stuff. In my Publix reusable bags I have serious electronics such as my GPS, go Pro and iPod and ram holders on one side and the other I have rain gear.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Why not just use the GW storage bags? They may not be as "organized", but I don't really need organization in each bag.

I just pack/roll things in one bag that I need daily, and the other for less than daily and changed out stuff.

Can the "organizers" be removed to move into the motel? And, what about dirty stuff? What do you do about that?

Look ... I'm not knocking this mod, but don't see the purpose. Are these used for traveling?
    Good questions.

I think the organizers are nice for stuff that I don't want to have to search for (and wound't need to take into a motel). Like a tire gauge or a flashlight. I also have some bungies and a cargo net stuffed in pockets so they don't get all tangled up.

I still have not decided what all will go in the organizers. But it is nice to have options.

I also have bag liners that I use to take into the motel. They are Bestem liners and are real nice.
    Albuquerque, NM

I use the organizers for the Ipod, cables, flashlight, multi tool, ram accessories on the left side. Right side has first aid, tire kit and a cleaning supplies. Really works out feat as I leave that stuff in the bike. I do also have the bags which are great for the gear I want to take in/out