Rivco Aero Flip-out highway Pegs have been discontinued - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rivco Aero Flip-out highway Pegs have been discontinued

Cool

Coming to a end at 100MPH...believe what you want .......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    That is interesting. When I spoke with Rivco a couple of months ago about getting the de-badged blanks, they indicated it was THEIR patented design.
    Rivco (at the recommendation and feedback from a few of us that installed the "ORIGINAL" Aero Pegs on our Runes) re-designed them to be longer. The original design flip out peg was only 3-3.5 inches long (TOO SHORT) . The latest design is another 1-1.5 inches longer.

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    They were originally designed for the Rune by one of the members on one of the boards. Then he made a mod so they would work on the Wing. After that… ???? AC would know better then I do.
    After Kevin (the inventor) had a falling out with two manufacturers, he stopped producing the Aero pegs for both the Goldwing and Rune back in 2007-2008 . The first two production runs were small and the aluminum was SOFT which in some cases caused the chrome to crack and peel off. Kevin approached Rivco in 2012 after seeing that Rivco had beautifully produced one of my inventions with aircraft quality aluminum for the Honda Rune and allowed the Aero Pegs to return. There are more details but no need to elaborate any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Coming to a end at 100MPH...believe what you want .......

Steve ... you are probably correct in your assumption. however, miracles do happen. The owner of the patented design comes from the "lucky sperm club" (born into wealth) and doesn't need the money, he has pulled this stunt before with other manufacturers.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Thanks for the heads up. Those were down a bit on my wish list but they were just moved to the top. Placed an order for them.

Thanks!

"Steve ... you are probably correct in your assumption. however, miracles do happen. The owner of the patented design comes from the "lucky sperm club" (born into wealth) and doesn't need the money, he has pulled this stunt before with other manufacturers."

Yes, I had breakfast with him once...the word strange comes to mind...especially what he did to his Rune !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

"Steve ... you are probably correct in your assumption. however, miracles do happen. The owner of the patented design comes from the "lucky sperm club" (born into wealth) and doesn't need the money, he has pulled this stunt before with other manufacturers."

Yes, I had breakfast with him once...the word strange comes to mind...especially what he did to his Rune !
    Okay, I'll bite...What did he do to his Rune?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

come on Steve

What the rest of the story? Inquiring minds want to know what he did to his Rune?

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay, I'll bite...What did he do to his Rune?
    Sounds like he "runed" it

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Sounds like he "runed" it
    Yes, beers to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

..especially what he did to his Rune !

This is like a Paul Harvey story with a longer than normal pause.
    Sort of like waiting for the ketchup.....

Attachment 15753

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    This is like a Paul Harvey story with a longer than normal pause.
    Sort of like waiting for the ketchup.....

Attachment 15753
    and now you know.............................................. ..............................
    .................................................. .................................................. ...
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    .................................................. ............................nothing