Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Some people like tall windshields, some like short windshields, everyone has different comfort levels.

I have owned CORBIN seats since 1984.

Currently I own 2 CORBINS with Oval backrests and 1 ULTIMATE with the Ultimate backrest for the Hondas in my stable, No issues with either one.

Pictures of my Corbin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pics of My Corbin...

Here's my review after about 1400 miles:

I've owned Corbin before, on my VTX 1300R, so I knew what to expect. I knew it was firm. However, on my '05 Wing, I had a Hartco seat which was the most comfortable I've ever had, and I've tried em all.

I think it was Miles who said it: Corbin makes the best-looking seat, hands down. I think the comfort is something that is a matter of taste and I've already called Hartco to see when they'll be working on a seat for the F6B. It won't be until this winter. Booo.

Bottom line: I have a great looking seat which gets uncomfortable after about 100 miles and requires a stop. This winter I'll be replacing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had the same problem on a Corbin seat that I bought for my Concours 14. Called Corbin and told them the problem was that it was too hard and they said that you get one free rework if you don't like it. Sent it back to them and they reworked it to soften it up and they sent it back. Much better after they sent it back and the wife liked it better also. You might want to try it before you change it out. The seat looks good on your bike but if it doesn't match your rear then looks don't mean anything. Good luck with finding a seat that fits you.

Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    However, on my '05 Wing, I had a Hartco seat which was the most comfortable I've ever had, and I've tried em all.

I think it was Miles who said it: Corbin makes the best-looking seat, hands down. I think the comfort is something that is a matter of taste and I've already called Hartco to see when they'll be working on a seat for the F6B. It won't be until this winter.

TimJoeBob, you say, "you have tried them all"...then I have to ask, have you tried a Russell Day-Long Saddle ?????

And yes, I did say that Corbin makes the very best LOOKING seat, but the other half of that statement was that Russell Day-Long saddles are the most comfortable seats. Given the choice, I would choose comfort over looks every time.

If a so-called rider wants to unload their Harley out of the back of a trailer, and push it into the parking lot to show it in the bike show, then it would look better with a Corbin seat on it. But if a serious rider wants to go out and ride 1500 miles in a day, then they had better have a Russell Day-Long saddle on their bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    TimJoeBob, you say, "you have tried them all"...then I have to ask, have you tried a Russell Day-Long Saddle ?????

And yes, I did say that Corbin makes the very best LOOKING seat, but the other half of that statement was that Russell Day-Long saddles are the most comfortable seats. Given the choice, I would choose comfort over looks every time.

If a so-called rider wants to unload their Harley out of the back of a trailer, and push it into the parking lot to show it in the bike show, then it would look better with a Corbin seat on it. But if a serious rider wants to go out and ride 1500 miles in a day, then they had better have a Russell Day-Long saddle on their bike.
    No, Miles, I haven't tried Russell Day Long. I guess I haven't tried em all. However, RDL requires your saddle to do the work. As you know, they work off your seat pan. To be frank, I live in VA, would have to ship it and I haven't wanted to be off my bike that long. I have heated gear and severe Winter weather may only take 4-8 weeks away from riding, depending how bad of Winter we get. Yes, there is a window of time in the middle of winter that might work, but I didn't want to wait. I ordered a Hartco seat and have done a SS1000, sitting in the saddle 18 hours. The only thing that was sore after that ride was my shoulders... my butt was fine.

I haven't tried Rick Mayer seats either. Mustang, Corbin, Ultimate, Hartco, stock...

Also, one thing I forgot to mention that I notice on hot days: vinyl or leather (Corbin) gives you monkey-butt. The Hartco seat I had on my Wing was velour on the seat top, which doesn't get as hot and has a bit more breathability.

Miles, you had a RDL done on your F6B, I believe. Could you post some pictures (maybe in a separate thread, so as to not hijack). I'm interested in your seating position. How tall are you? What's your sleeve length? Just curious so I can compare.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've come to the same conclusion re Corbin...looks good, heavy, rides hard. Had several, all the same. RDL will be my choice this winter when my Avatar temp goes low again.

Corbin Solo with trunk

I've ordered the Corbin heated solo seat with smuggler trunk. I had the solo seat and smuggler trunk on my prior ST1300 and it really gave the bike a unique look. Hoping the same with the F6b.

Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    Also, one thing I forgot to mention that I notice on hot days: vinyl or leather (Corbin) gives you monkey-butt. The Hartco seat I had on my Wing was velour on the seat top, which doesn't get as hot and has a bit more breathability.

Miles, you had a RDL done on your F6B, I believe. Could you post some pictures (maybe in a separate thread, so as to not hijack). I'm interested in your seating position. How tall are you? What's your sleeve length? Just curious so I can compare.

TimJoeBob, here is the link to my previous thread about the RDL seat I had done on my bike, includiong pictures. Scroll down the page, and you will see pics.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...=russell+seats

As you can see, I always have the velour seating area done, so that it is not hot in the Summer heat, and not cold in the Winter chill.

Thanks, Miles, for the link to your photos and description. We'll see what happens this winter.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2011 AB Trailer
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]