Run Flat Tire vs Non Run Flat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run Flat Tire vs Non Run Flat

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Attachment 16469

Michelin Alpin after approximately 30k. Love the stability, and wet road traction. As I said in a earlier post I have one on the way to my house. For now I have the OEM mc tire back on. I got lucky my two sons stopped by to watch football so I didn't have to do any lifting.
    Attachment 16470DSC_0002.jpgDSC_0004.jpg

My General G-Max with 30k miles has the direct opposite wear pattern of your Michelin Alpine. The Max has scalloped outer edges whereas you Alpine appears to have plenty of "meat" on the outer tire edge. Guess that might be relevant wear between my Max, a non-runflat and your Alpine RF. Had the pressure at 42/43psi for the life of the tire as it has but a single ply side wall and was subject to some "squirm" at any lower pressure. My 250lb weight may had a factor in overall wear

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Dickie--I've only run two different car tires so far. First, I had the Kumho Ecsta SPT which was a run flat. It was perfectly fine but edge wear made a change necessary. I wonder why that happened . Now I have the Falken 612 non run flat. The 612 was proprietary to Discount Tire and someone said it had been discontinued. It is exactly the same tire as the Falken 912. This is the tire that Yellow Wolf and his riding buddies have been running. Other than these two tires, the Michelin Alpin, which is actually a winter tire, gets really good reviews. That's about all I think I know on this subject.
    Ok I must be retarded on this subject.....What I need to know is diameter,width, profile etc. that fits the F6B...Is there a chart somewhere or a place to find out what fits the motorcycle wheel..............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

size

You need 195/55 16".That fits the rear wheel on the 6. You probably need to find a local auto shop to mount the tire, as Honda generally doesn't approve of the Darkside. Plus, they will do it much cheaper. 2oz of "balance beads" and your ready to ride!

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Ken, I'm going to the dark side. What is the nomenclature of the Falkin tires that fit the F6B RF AND NRF? I'm not sure which to go with being a Darkside virgin..................Dickie
    If you use this tire size comparison calculator you'll find that a 195/55-R16 is a identical match in diameter to the OEM Stone and keeps one from having major speedometer error

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...ize-Calculator

Cleaned the bike up today from the trip to Franklin...lowered the Alpine to 32*...had 36 in it for the mountains...the center seems to be less thread than the outside edges, so down to 32* for a while....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Cleaned the bike up today from the trip to Franklin...lowered the Alpine to 32*...had 36 in it for the mountains...the center seems to be less thread than the outside edges, so down to 32* for a while....
    I tried 32 with the Alpin on my Wing and did not care for it. Found 36-38 to be to my liking but I ended up with this so when I get the new one delivered I think I will try 34. Still even with the middle wear 30k is pretty good.
    Attachment 16477

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I tried 32 with the Alpin on my Wing and did not care for it. Found 36-38 to be to my liking but I ended up with this so when I get the new one delivered I think I will try 34. Still even with the middle wear 30k is pretty good.
    Attachment 16477
    To my knowledge, there's not a rear motorcycle tire made that will deliver 30k miles of wear/service. Not sure when folks will finally wake up to the fact that CT's provide a safe and reliable alternative to costly and short lived rear cycle tires. Once bitten by the Dark Side its hard to imagine returning to any cycle tire other than using the Bridgestone BattlAx rear tire on the front

New Michelin delivered to my door for $165.00 by Tire Rack. Ordered on Sunday delivered on Thursday!

Attachment 16592

shooter
    I wouldn't trade my Alpin for 5 MC tires. Oh wait , the Alpin will probably out last 5 of them. Great tire Valk.