Run Flat Tire vs Non Run Flat

Thread: Run Flat Tire vs Non Run Flat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Run Flat Tire vs Non Run Flat

When riding two up is it safer using a rf because of the heaver side wall?

Does anyone feel uneasy riding two up on a non rf knowing that the sidewall is much thiner than a mt tire?

I have 15000 miles and ready for new tires and am considering RF, non RF, or MT.

I live in NY and have both flat and twisty mountain roads. I'm not looking for a tire that i need to change air pressure when riding twisty roads or when i ride two up. With the Stones 40/ 40 was fine for everything.

Thanks for any help..........Richie

shooter
    Richie I rode a G-Max non runflat for about 6 months. I mostly ride two up. A good pressure for me 1 or two up was 44. I now run a Michelin run flat and 40 seems to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Richie I rode a G-Max non runflat for about 6 months. I mostly ride two up. A good pressure for me 1 or two up was 44. I now run a Michelin run flat and 40 seems to be good.
    If you were to replace you tires today, witch tires would you get?

Richie

shooter
    They are both good. The Michelin is stiff like an MC tire. I like the feel of it better two up. If I rode single all the time either one would do. That Michelin handles and corners better than a MC tire in my opinion.

thanks for your help............Richie

I just ordered a Michelin Primacy Alpin ZP I have one on the 6 and the center of it is fairly bald. I think it wears in the center bc I run 38 psi. Not sure of mileage bc it started on my full Wing and got moved to the F6. Wish I had kept better track but it is in the 30k range. Ordered from Tire Rack $165 to my door. Sam's wanted $180 and I had to pick up at the store. It is not easy to find them in stock in Florida even Sam's said 5 days. I will post a pic of the tire when I take it off. I think I will throw the OEM back on. It is sitting in the garage mounted on the original rim.