J and M speaker re-vamp
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J and M speaker re-vamp

Cool J and M speaker re-vamp

Has anyone heard what they overhauled on the new J and M speakers? I heard that they were completly redone.

FSPU-GL06

Do a search for "FSPU-GL06" to find the previous discussions.

Made a video not to long ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgd214DSPU

tax- whats attached to the left side of your BS?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Are those the new speakers

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Made a video not to long ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgd214DSPU
    You can't even get close to 30 on the volume control on my stock speakers, there is no way to sit on my bike if you turned it up that high, it would be hurting your ears so bad you would be back peddling to get away from it. What are you using to provide such poor sound? What are you using for a music source?

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    You can't even get close to 30 on the volume control on my stock speakers it would be hurting your ears so bad you would be back peddling to get away from it. What are you using to provide such poor sound?
    All the stock speakers I've heard, if you get close to 30 , they are full of distortion and sound harsh. I too would be quick to turn them down.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    All the stock speakers I've heard, if you get close to 30 , they are full of distortion and sound harsh. I too would be quick to turn them down.
    I am wondering if its the source of the imput into this system, I was told I spent too much money buying a Sony MP3 player to hook up to the system but I am starting to think that the thumb drives aren't providing any power imput to the system and maybe that is why no one likes the stock speaker! My speaker are excellent, I have no reason to feel like they need to be changed. Like I said they are crisp, and clear thru the volume and I have had them up higher but it wasn't distorted and as clear as it is down at my standard volume of 14 on the road. The Sony has to be putting some power into the music signal sent to the amp where the thumb drive has nothing but signal. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I am wondering if its the source of the imput into this system, I was told I spent too much money buying a Sony MP3 player to hook up to the system but I am starting to think that the thumb drives aren't providing any power imput to the system and maybe that is why no one likes the stock speaker! My speaker are excellent, I have no reason to feel like they need to be changed. Like I said they are crisp, and clear thru the volume and I have had them up higher but it wasn't distorted and as clear as it is down at my standard volume of 14 on the road. The Sony has to be putting some power into the music signal sent to the amp where the thumb drive has nothing but signal. JMHO
    It's not the source causing the issue. As far as thumb drives, it's digital. There can be differences in the content put on those drives, but that is not the drive but the where and how it was encoded at what rate etc... plus the quality of the original recording.

It may be that my ear is a bit more discerning than yours. I could have lived with the OEM speakers and such, but chose not to. Are you going to make it to Franklin for the Rally? I hope so. We can then see if you're still happy with your speakers
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    It's not the source causing the issue. As far as thumb drives, it's digital. There can be differences in the content put on those drives, but that is not the drive but the where and how it was encoded at what rate etc... plus the quality of the original recording.

It may be that my ear is a bit more discerning than yours. I could have lived with the OEM speakers and such, but chose not to. Are you going to make it to Franklin for the Rally? I hope so. We can then see if you're still happy with your speakers
    You might be right Jimmy after all I did listen to a diesel running for 36 year and my ears have quite a few miles on them but I have already put about 2500 miles on since adding the Sony MP3 and can find nothing wrong with the tunes I am hearing. I think the Sony after I put that in made the FM music I had been listening too sound like crap. There was a huge difference in sound quality from the Sony. So I didn't feel too bad about spending the money on it after hearing what came from the speakers when it was playing.

Yet another delay

J&M's website has pushed their estimated FSPU-GL06 delivery date out to next year (2016), WTH ? They missed the entire summer, then pushed out to Oct. 1st and now next year.

"... Pre-Order Only. Est Ship Date: 01/01/2016 ..."

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=FSPU-GL06

Time to cut up some Polk Audio's.