J and M speaker re-vamp - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J and M speaker re-vamp

Yep, as Jimmy T said, rubbish in, rubbish out.
    128 kbit MP3's are a very poor recording, and is usually what people record their music as its the Microsoft Windows default setting on the computers, unless you record from the CD or high definition source at suitable rates. CD's are 384 and Apple iTunes downloads are 256kbits.
    Other recordings can vary below any of these levels due to the quality of the source.
    Obviously, the bigger the file, the less music in the storage device.
    Its a trade off.
    I'd go for quality recordings in a bigger memory stick. They are cheap now days.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
    Yep, as Jimmy T said, rubbish in, rubbish out.
    128 kbit MP3's are a very poor recording, and is usually what people record their music as its the Microsoft Windows default setting on the computers, unless you record from the CD or high definition source at suitable rates. CD's are 384 and Apple iTunes downloads are 256kbits.
    Other recordings can vary below any of these levels due to the quality of the source.
    Obviously, the bigger the file, the less music in the storage device.
    Its a trade off.
    I'd go for quality recordings in a bigger memory stick. They are cheap now days.
    Ken
    Too bad the B's radio (or iProducts) doesn't understand FLAC.

I transcoded full bitrate, lossless FLAC into Apple Lossless, imported it into iTunes and downloaded it to the iTouch used on my bike.

Hi all, New member here. I think the speakers sound great but, I'm curious was there a factory upgrade performed on the 2015 Panasonic models? I ask because the factory ones on my bike sound great all the way up to 30. I of course immediately turn them back down as they are very loud at 30 yet clear all the same. I read in the manual that using the music players volume full up will introduce distortion into the system. Anyway thanks for the vid

Quote Originally Posted by InvictusF6B View Post
    Hi all, New member here. I think the speakers sound great but, I'm curious was there a factory upgrade performed on the 2015 Panasonic models? I ask because the factory ones on my bike sound great all the way up to 30. I of course immediately turn them back down as they are very loud at 30 yet clear all the same. I read in the manual that using the music players volume full up will introduce distortion into the system. Anyway thanks for the vid
    No, the same audio equipment. Some people are just easier to please.

Me? I don't have any of the stock audio on my bike anymore. All after market.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Are the new J&M Speakers that were on back order for 6 months now shipping yet?
    Steve

Funny thing about J&M

I was talking to them at Daytona this past March, and they seem to cater to the Harley crowd. Knowing that there are a ton of Wings on the road I asked why they don't have some plug and play stuff for the GL and B, and he blamed it on space availability. I don't buy it, but when it comes to Honda, we are not on the top of their list, for sure.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Are the new J&M Speakers that were on back order for 6 months now shipping yet?
    Steve
    See post #10 in this thread. They have been pushed out to 1/1/2016.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    See post #10 in this thread. They have been pushed out to 1/1/2016.
    The J&M FSPU-GL06's are now pushed out to 2/15/2016. Methinks they be vapor-ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The J&M FSPU-GL06's are now pushed out to 2/15/2016. Methinks they be vapor-ware.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I now have the new J&Ms installed

Installed the new J&Ms last weekend, defiantly better than stock. Oh using a Focal amp to drive them with an 8" Rockford sub in the left bag. Looking at installing the Polk tweeters next.