Anti Dive Shim - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anti Dive Shim

I sent away for the de-feet-er from Wingstuff. Like the video. I will see how this snake oil changes my brake feel on some of the crappiest roads around Bush airport in Houston. Great thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Snake oil! At least it's a solid! I'm in the car biz, I appreciate that comment! Motomfg makes one as well.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Pure rhetoric, pure rhetoric. Lol, I love the thread but I will probably be the most unlikely technical source to say yea or nay to deactivating the ADV being better or worse. But we have some really crappy roads around the airport and I know how my suspension works on them. This will be a fun $20 test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Anti Dive Shim

Well I took the plunge after reading this thread and Tested the shim a couple different ways. I know everyone has different tastes in suspension set ups, so what one loves another despises, but here are my thoughts. I am 5'8 190 for reference. With Stock springs and shim, I did not like the additional dive during hard braking, but liked the smoother ride especially during initial hard braking entering curves.....less harsh not feeling every bump. I then Added new progressive springs and rode with and without the shim. Really like the feel with the new springs and the shim.....very little dive and more planted in curves when really "hustling" the bike. New springs gave a more firm ride which I prefer.
    In the Garage:
    2014 Yamaha VMAX 1700- Matte Grey
    2015 Honda F6B- Matte Grey

Shim is installed as well as LED fog lamps. Will give it a week and see what it's all about. Took more time to remove fenders than install the shim. Easiest mod ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver