Are these brake lights to OTT - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are these brake lights to OTT

On my HD I had an easy plug in that changed my rear turn signals into red, run-stop-signal lights. Is there a kit for the GL out there? I can't find it. All it would need is red bulbs instead of amber ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    On my HD I had an easy plug in that changed my rear turn signals into red, run-stop-signal lights. Is there a kit for the GL out there? I can't find it. All it would need is red bulbs instead of amber ones.
    EC make a run kit then just change the bulbs to red for the turns we have those bulbs

Run Light Kit http://www.electricalconnection.com/...ting/01322.htm

7443 Bulbs In Various Colors http://www.bikemp3.com/7443-Lamp-7443.htm
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    EC make a run kit then just change the bulbs to red for the turns we have those bulbs

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...ting/01322.htm
    This kit will add red running lights to your dead turn signal housings whenever the signal is not on.
    Red LEDs completely shut off whenever your signal bulb is on.
    Thanks but that adds red lights, doesn't change the amber lights. Seems like it would be more simple to change out the bulbs instead of adding more lights. Maybe the wiring is too complicated.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks but that adds red lights, doesn't change the amber lights. Seems like it would be more simple to change out the bulbs instead of adding more lights. Maybe the wiring is too complicated.
    The EC kit is good as it turns off the running when the turn goes on kind of designed so you see the AMBER

If you want RED RED you can change the bulb holder and buy the red lamps from us and wire in the extra running wire its pretty easy but the lower power red will stay on with the turn flash its not as good an effect we also have the bulb holders if you need them
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Now that I saw the video it looks better with the amber signals, more eye catching. The strobe light at the reflector is a nice touch too but does that eliminate any reflector in the back? I like knowing that it can be seen in the dark too.

How are the lights added? I don't see a pic of the kit.

Found the pdf.

Close future plans include putting LEDs where the reflectors are. I don't intend to park broadside in the road and leave the bike. My last ride had a pair if triple LEDs under the luggage rack and a third one on the sissy bar. Still got tailgated but people saw bright green spots after I pulled away from a traffic signal!

I'm one for getting the attention of anyone approaching me from behind. Here in Phoenix a few years back we had a horrible accident involving a group of motorcyclists sitting at a stop light and a very large dump truck, well the dump truck didn't stop and ran over the bikes, killing some of them and seriously injuring others. While having these lights might not have prevented what happened to our fellow cyclists (the driver was alleged to have been on drugs) I want all the prevention I can muster. That accident happened in broad daylight. After that accident I and many other riders I've noticed do not stop in the middle of the lane at lights, but off to one side just in case druggie behind you does not attempt to hit the brakes for the stop light. An ounce of prevention, or in this case 60 LED's blazing in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by fsixb_AZ View Post
    I'm one for getting the attention of anyone approaching me from behind. Here in Phoenix a few years back we had a horrible accident involving a group of motorcyclists sitting at a stop light and a very large dump truck, well the dump truck didn't stop and ran over the bikes, killing some of them and seriously injuring others. While having these lights might not have prevented what happened to our fellow cyclists (the driver was alleged to have been on drugs) I want all the prevention I can muster. That accident happened in broad daylight. After that accident I and many other riders I've noticed do not stop in the middle of the lane at lights, but off to one side just in case druggie behind you does not attempt to hit the brakes for the stop light. An ounce of prevention, or in this case 60 LED's blazing in your face.
    Welcome to the forum from AZ! That's a bit OTT for me but it will get you noticed for sure!

I live near where that accident happened. That was bad.

FYI, I don't stop in the middle of the lane at lights because that's where all the oil is!