Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
industrial build quality (unlike Honda and Yamaha),

I.B.D.,,,,, meaning,,, as refined as a brick-bat, or,,,, as strong as steel???? (I'm not wearing my crush washer today, might be affecting the blood supply to my noggin!)
First one, maybe both actually. Think Mid-Western farming implements and their associated hardware. Sturdy, built to last, a bit beef prone like their women. I'm from that country so can say that with impunity as the blood of farmers and agriculturalists flows through my veins.

HD is similar. Built from parts bins to suit and change the image as required. The Japanese mainly, and to some extent the Europeans, tend to finesse their builds better in my opinion. Dig deep into the internals and see the reason and beauty of a fastener or wiring loom. Pride and honor in the product driven by a culture that demands the best and happiness in ownership.

Now BMW is having real problems with their recent offerings as far as component reliability. I believe it to be due to contracted parts suppliers not meeting the designer's standards. Think Airbus built in several countries by different hands, but without the strict QC required of things that fall down when they quit.