Another milestone met

Thread: Another milestone met

Another milestone met

I took a little cool morning ride today and hit 30,000 miles on my F6B. I still consider it to be the best motorcycle I have owned. I am looking forward to many more great miles.

Attachment 15898
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful Fast Red Bike Limited Edition (2013 only)
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I took a little cool morning ride today and hit 30,000 miles on my F6B. I still consider it to be the best motorcycle I have owned. I am looking forward to many more great miles.
    Way to go, that's a boatload of miles, I just turned over 10k, it'll take me forever to catch up to that!!

Attachment 15898
    That's awesome I'm at 12000 klms so a long ways to for me.

Question of maintenace?? How much and of what so far have you done to keep it running? I would imagine at least a set of tires so far??

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    That's awesome I'm at 12000 klms so a long ways to for me.

Question of maintenace?? How much and of what so far have you done to keep it running? I would imagine at least a set of tires so far??
    So far, I have done my own maintenance with the exception of tire changes and one warranty trip to the dealership for a leaking fork seal. I am on my second front tire and third rear tire. I change the oil and filter every 4000 miles. I have replaced the rear driveshaft oil along with the air filter and spark plugs. Other than that, it is just ride and have fun. After I took the odometer pic this morning, I took a short ride to Oklahoma. Odometer now has over 30,150 milea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So far, I have done my own maintenance with the exception of tire changes and one warranty trip to the dealership for a leaking fork seal. I am on my second front tire and third rear tire. I change the oil and filter every 4000 miles. I have replaced the rear driveshaft oil along with the air filter and spark plugs. Other than that, it is just ride and have fun. After I took the odometer pic this morning, I took a short ride to Oklahoma. Odometer now has over 30,150 milea.
    Cool thanks,ride safe.

Congrates on the miles and here's to many more.Remember these engines break in at 100K-LOL.Saw your maintenance and you may want to change your coolant and flush your brakes and clutch at this mileage if you already had'nt.I'm getting ready to do both and will order Speedbleeders to make the job easy for one person.Coolant is a breeze to do just takes a while to refill and burp system-Also I did not remove coolant tank I just suck it out and refill.