Don't use a bug scrubber sponge on your Clearview shield.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't use a bug scrubber sponge on your Clearview shield....

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Something doesn't sound right? I've had mine for almost a year now. The bigger question would be why is your shield moving so much?
    I can probably answer that; since I just installed mine last night.

Clearview sends out a piece of weatherstripping to apply to the top edge of the fairing; where the windshield contacts it. The weatherstripping is pretty thick; and does not extend all of the way the the edges of the fairing; since those edges are slightly raised; and it would distort the shield if it was extended to those edges.

So... once you have the windshield bolted down and everything is snug against the weatherstripping; there is nothing between the black striped surface of the windshield and those forward facing outer areas of the top of the fairing. Just like how the OEM short shield fits against (which is not an issue for it).

So... I think that wind vibration from the shield chafes the striped black area of the Clearview shield where it's making contact against the fairing.

So... the fix for that is two fuzzy Velco strips attached to that fairings outer point of contact(s) against the shield. Thin enough and we'll see if it works.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Question:

For those of you that bought a Clearview windshield with a vent installed; is the outer portion of the vent fabricated out of smoke colored plastic as well; if you have a tinted windshield?

My new Clearview windshield is light tinted, and the rear portion of the vent is smoke colored plastic. But the front portion is clear plastic. Looks weird. I would think that both pieces of the vent would be smoke colored?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Definitely nothing I can do about the rub marks in the black lower section now. Oh well. Their instructions just said to place that foam strip as pictured, which I did. I tightened the windshield bolts snug, which is when they stop.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

You can consider some vinyl overlay. Just ebay search for clear carbon fiber auto vinyl. That's what I covered my scratched Baggershield with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Question:

For those of you that bought a Clearview windshield with a vent installed; is the outer portion of the vent fabricated out of smoke colored plastic as well; if you have a tinted windshield?

My new Clearview windshield is light tinted, and the rear portion of the vent is smoke colored plastic. But the front portion is clear plastic. Looks weird. I would think that both pieces of the vent would be smoke colored?

I had one and thought it was a GREAT shield... can't remember how the bottom was... Big Sexy is bringing one to the rally to sell.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com