Stupid Bird
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Bird

Stupid Bird

Checking the 6 before my ride to Franklin, went for a 180mile lunch run. All good until a Tom Turkey ran out from the tall weeds, and yup, I nailed his dumb-ass, doing about 55. Hit just behind the front wheel, into the engine guard and left side Tupperware cowling. The turkey exploded into a pile of feathers, and kinda bounced off my boots and armored jeans. No damage to me, and aside from a cracked left cowling, and a missing Honda Badge, all is okay. The 6 never even wobbled, just ran straight. May have had another ending if he would have hit the front wheel. Honda dealer told me the cowling was $342. Turkey wasn't even salvageable for dinner!

Boy thats worthless

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Checking the 6 before my ride to Franklin, went for a 180mile lunch run. All good until a Tom Turkey ran out from the tall weeds, and yup, I nailed his dumb-ass, doing about 55. Hit just behind the front wheel, into the engine guard and left side Tupperware cowling. The turkey exploded into a pile of feathers, and kinda bounced off my boots and armored jeans. No damage to me, and aside from a cracked left cowling, and a missing Honda Badge, all is okay. The 6 never even wobbled, just ran straight. May have had another ending if he would have hit the front wheel. Honda dealer told me the cowling was $342. Turkey wasn't even salvageable for dinner!
    Busted your ride and wouldn't even give you the satisfaction of a fine turkey dinner!

Ya know, there are easier ways to debadge a bike.

Glad to hear you are OK. Glad it wasn't a Sconny deer.

Badges

Ya, this may be the right time to change the other badge, too. Anyone making those things ?

Sounds like some Jive Turkey. Glad you're ok
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

.................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

shooter
    That cowling is available in chrome for a lot less from wingstuff. Or if you want OE I have my takeoff. PM me and we can talk about it. I'll make you a good deal.

Jm21.....
    I'll have a set of badges with F6B on them for you at Franklin if you want them.
    FREE BEE
    Glad your ok.
    See you at the rally.

Thanks! Great forum, great people!

Hambly does excellent work, we are lucky to have him on this forum!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden