Almost got creamed yesterday.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost got creamed yesterday....

Glad he missed and your okay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

Thanks all. I had to share the experience, especially since someone might find a dashcam video.

On the 20, heading west, near Terrell, TX. Portable electric sign told us to "Be Prepared to Stop", but a few miles went by and no stopping.
    Came over a hill and I saw the cars all stopped; I had plenty of time to put my hazards on and come to a nice easy stop in the #1 lane.
    When the semi crested the hill, I guess he didn't see the whole mess of red lights. I heard the jake brake, checked my right mirror and all I saw was a 'sideways' view of the cars in the trailer, I let go of the clutch to go to my right as the cab went by my left side into the grassy knoll.
    The trailer straightened out, the truck came to a rolling stop, then proceeded to inch his way back up into the #1 lane, about 5 cars in front of me.
    A heavily HD tattooed guy in a cage pulled up next to me and said "Bro! You okay? It was THAT close!" and he held up his hands about 4 feet apart.

Since I am still here, I'd like to see a dashcam of the event.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I would think your mate you were coming to pay respects with may have been your angel on his way to see the lord. Glad you are good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Had the same thing happen to me. Monster 4x4, all I heard was the tires lockup. Fortunately he opted for the barpit. Stop 2 car length past me.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

That's pretty unusual, guys that haul cars are usually pretty experienced truckers, 1st time I ever heard of one screwing up bad. Glad to hear you're ok.
    ss^,
    Ken

Drivers in DFW drive like @#$^. I'm glad you're safe! If you win the lottery from the ticket I highly suggest you buy now, you can get us all new bikes!

Your a lucky man..not your day to go. Glad you got out of that one for sure. Hug the family, then go buy a lotto ticket followed by a good stiff drink with the feet up.