COBRA THREE INTO THREE PIPE

Thread: COBRA THREE INTO THREE PIPE

COBRA THREE INTO THREE PIPE

Installed the Cobra Three into three pipes on my F6B when they were original introduced. My F6B is kept clean, never sent to be dirty or wet. I've now noticed that the pipe has a considerable amount of rust where the three pipes are connected. Before I go after COBRA has anyone else noticed this problem. Attachment 16099

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    Installed the Cobra Three into three pipes on my F6B when they were original introduced. My F6B is kept clean, never sent to be dirty or wet. I've now noticed that the pipe has a considerable amount of rust where the three pipes are connected. Before I go after COBRA has anyone else noticed this problem. Attachment 16099
    This issue has been posted before a while back...No real problems seem to be the case...Spray the area with WD-40, let it soak for a while then use fine steel wool to remove most of the surface rust...I drilled a small hole 7/32 "under the lowest part of the pipe at the connection and most moisture/condensation will drain out when motor is started...My pipes have been on since October of 2013 and with lots of humid days in Michigan all seems to be fine...I do have a little surface rust on the inside of the pipes at the back that does not seem to be any issue and I usually wipe it out with the same combo as stated above...As you said, my bike also has never seen water and I have been lucky enough not to get got in the rain,,,so far.....Ride safe....BTW, I did contact Cobra a while back and they seem to feel the surface rust on rear of pipes and at connection was not an issue.......

Ugh, looks like chrome failure. At the weld probably means it's flexing and it doesn't take much moisture to start that corrosion process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Ugh, looks like chrome failure. At the weld probably means it's flexing and it doesn't take much moisture to start that corrosion process.
    Yes, after looking more closely at your photo it appears the chrome is goofed above the area of the lower pipe where some have drilled a small hole...Suggest contacting Cobra and pursue from there...Good luck!!