Best Pocket 9mm?
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Pocket 9mm?

Best Pocket 9mm?

In the interests of saving space, anyone recommend a jam proof, accurate, small frame 9MM semi for camping trips? I just don't want to carry any full frame guns, I'm pretty maxed out space wise already and 38s are too light a load IMHO. I've got a CCW permit so no worries there. Thanks upfront.
    ss^,
    Ken

I am a firearms instructor and have had some exposure to the new Glock 43 including shooting three different examples in the last week. It is an excellent concealed carry firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    I am a firearms instructor and have had some exposure to the new Glock 43 including shooting three different examples in the last week. It is an excellent concealed carry firearm.
    Wasn't there some early problems with the 43 (think later versions have addressed the initial issues)?

You might want to also check out a Ruger LC9 (2 magazine sizes) and a Sig Sauer P938 or a Glock G26 (multiple magazine sizes) if you don't mind a thicker double stack.

G43 is nice but a lil flippy with the 9MM, G26 is a nice pack pistol, sometimes takes time to get used to the pinky being off. I am a recent Springfield XDS9 buyer and like it with the extended mag. I would more suggest the XDS45 just to be able to carry a 240gr bullet. The 9MM will handle plenty of animals including the two hoofed, but if it were the oddball bear or cougar you could stumble on I would prefer a lil heavier load. The one thing guaranteed is you are going to get a ton of different advice here and it all has good merits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Glock 30 Short Frame in .45 fits nicely alongside my "katfish gut" walking and riding.

And yes, "why .45?" Because they don't make a .46.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Glock 30 Short Frame in .45 fits nicely alongside my "katfish gut" walking and riding.

And yes, "why .45?" Because they don't make a .46.....
    I would have to agree with 53 on one issue and that us the 45 ACP. You state that a 38 is too light and yet a 38 will do anything a 9mm will. However if a 9mm is it then a Springfield XDs would be my choice. If the 45 is it then the same gun is available. I would pick the Springfield over the Glock simply because I feel it has a better trigger out of the box. The Glock is a fine instrument if you choose to go that way. I've been carrying a XDs in 45 every day for the last three years and it has held up well. I shoot it at least once a month to stay sharp. I like it so much I bought a second one and put in the safe just in case.

Not a common size on our bikes, but I like the gear wrenches. Hard to justify just one though. And I don't know if a 9 mm would be my choice if I were to only have one.Attachment 16126
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Glock 43 makes a nice ankle piece but I prefer the Glock 41 long Slide in a Shoulder Rig.The Ruger LCP makes a good back pocket gun that prints like a wallet..Carried the Glock 19 for years and still do in a fag bag or Fanny Pack when boating or going to the beach:..................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Not a common size on our bikes, but I like the gear wrenches. Hard to justify just one though. And I don't know if a 9 mm would be my choice if I were to only have one.Attachment 16126
    10mm is a better suited caliber wrench..........................Dickie:
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

S&W Shield

Don't forget to look at the SHield, which you can also get in .40. The shield 9mm can hold 2 more rounds that the Glock 43 and a better trigger. Whichever you choose, pick good quality defensive ammo. Corbon DPX, Hornady Critical Duty/Critical Defense are all great loads.