Best Pocket 9mm? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Pocket 9mm?

Battered gun owners syndrome ....is very real here; in Maryland.

I've been all over the states whilst in the military; and I have never seen such suffocating gun restrictions imposed on citizens; as is being done (and has been done) in Maryland.

We're up to 223 homicides just in Baltimore alone... and I live like 13 miles away from that shithole. Most of those homicides are thug on thug; but there are many that involve innocent people:

I miis Arizona. I miss Texas. I long for freedom... never have been more aware of the liberal agenda since I have lived here. Been here since 1996 when I retired from the military. Still a working stiff in I.T. ...but that's going to eventually end..

Still hanging in until the wife qualifies for her pensions and such... then you will never experience a "move and shift" as fast as I plan; to Free America.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

My vote is the S&W Shield. If you're a veteran, LEO, or civil service, you can get a smoking deal at any Lawmens.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    My vote is the S&W Shield
    40 cal is very nice

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

shooter
    I'm glad I live in the Midwest. Its a little more slack around here. Course Illinois is just a stones throw. I call it little California. Seriously guys. When MO voted in CCW it just made me legal. We have had it for maybe 10 or 12 years. I've been doing it for 26 years. Ever since I turned 21. See for me Concealed Carry is just that. Nobody can see it. You don't talk about it , you don't show it. And make sure you are good with it. I would much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Just remember its called Concealed Carry for a reason. Its a lifestyle. You have to be low-profile. You never give anyone a reason to check you. Avoid altercations. Don't be loud and boisterous. Never drink too much. Its worked for me all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    .....See for me Concealed Carry is just that. Nobody can see it. You don't talk about it , you don't show it. And make sure you are good with it. I would much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Just remember its called Concealed Carry for a reason. Its a lifestyle. You have to be low-profile. You never give anyone a reason to check you. Avoid altercations. Don't be loud and boisterous. Never drink too much. Its worked for me all these years.
    Very well stated.

I'm glad I live in the Midwest. Its a little more slack around here. Course Illinois is just a stones throw. I call it little California. Seriously guys. When MO voted in CCW it just made me legal. We have had it for maybe 10 or 12 years. I've been doing it for 26 years. Ever since I turned 21. See for me Concealed Carry is just that. Nobody can see it. You don't talk about it , you don't show it. And make sure you are good with it. I would much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Just remember its called Concealed Carry for a reason. Its a lifestyle. You have to be low-profile. You never give anyone a reason to check you. Avoid altercations. Don't be loud and boisterous. Never drink too much. Its worked for me all these years.
    I am so sick of responsible gun owners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

An armed society; is a polite society. Mutual destruction assured.

Not working in Maryland though. It's unfortunately one sided; completely to the criminal's advantage here.

Lawmakers in Maryland just don't understand those dynamics.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Why 9 mm?

The wife and I both have CCDW licenses. We both carry .40 cal pistols and we shoot at the range twice a month. She's a Federal LEO and I have always carried a weapon since 1971 as a job requirement. She carries a Glock 27 Generation 4 and I carry a S&W SW40VE. The S&W is open carried because it is not necessary for me to conceal and too big to conceal comfortably. Since I hand load my own ammunition I only have to stock one size of brass, primers, projectiles, and powder type.
    The .40 has more knock down especially with the Hornady 180 grain EXHP. Ballistics are superior.

shooter
    In terms of a conceal carry gun and as far as semi autos go , superior stopping power begins and ends with the 45ACP. If you can have the big dog no sense in walking the puppy.

In terms of a conceal carry gun and as far as semi autos go , superior stopping power begins and ends with the 45ACP. If you can have the big dog no sense in walking the puppy.
    G29 Gen 4 (10MM) trumps a 45ACP.

Attachment 16168