Best Pocket 9mm? - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Pocket 9mm?

No gun is jam proof but my favorite pocket gun is my Kahr PM 9 in a DeSantis pocket holster. They recommend a 100 round break in for them to be reliable and I ran 400 through it without any malfunctions before I started carrying it. If I were in the market for a new pocket gun I would also have to check out the Glock 43. I love my Glock 26 but it is a little bulky for pocket carry for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by marmilia View Post
    No gun is jam proof but my favorite pocket gun is my Kahr PM 9 in a DeSantis pocket holster. They recommend a 100 round break in for them to be reliable and I ran 400 through it without any malfunctions before I started carrying it. If I were in the market for a new pocket gun I would also have to check out the Glock 43. I love my Glock 26 but it is a little bulky for pocket carry for me personally.
    While you are at it, check out the newish G36.

G36 Single Stack 45

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Shoot.

You should be relieved you don't live in Libtardistan (Maryland). Or maybe not. The entrenched Maryland liberal legislature likes to try to copycat all of the insane gun laws out in Kalifornia.

I may be opening a can of worms... I've not been long on this forum... don't know if this message board has a liberal or conservative slant... guess I'll find out shortly...

Amazing that I qualify for; and can get a out of state resident Utah or a Florida CCW. But I can't get a Maryland CCW since the Maryland State Police does not issue CCW for solely for personal protection

10 more years and my wife will retire (I'm 10 years her senior so way ahead with that). Once she's done...

...we are moving back to Free America!

So Florida has a non residant, non citizen mail order permit that is good in most of the lower 48, Sans ny,md,il,ca and the like.
    I was canadian, living in nc, and couldn't get a local nc permit. I got a fl permit, that was valid in nc. Go figure!
    After I became an american, my first stop was the local courthouse, and got the nc.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    G29 Gen 4 (10MM) trumps a 45ACP.

Attachment 16168
    1/4 inch thicker and 1/2 inch longer than my 45. Recoil from a 10 on that small frame really puts the clamps on follow up shots. I agree it has more knockdown power. Overall I'll stick with my XDs.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    1/4 inch thicker and 1/2 inch longer than my 45. Recoil from a 10 on that small frame really puts the clamps on follow up shots. I agree it has more knockdown power. Overall I'll stick with my XDs.
    Isn't that the point, with a sufficient first round, who needs a second? If the PRK had it's way, we would only have 1 round magazines. I have big mits and the 29 fits better than the 26 or 27 for me.

shooter
    Not arguing. For me the XDs fits great in my pocket. It never shows there or on an Alessi ankle holster.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    you just have to laugh ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKrhKJUerU0

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Shoot.

You should be relieved you don't live in Libtardistan (Maryland). Or maybe not. The entrenched Maryland liberal legislature likes to try to copycat all of the insane gun laws out in Kalifornia.

I may be opening a can of worms... I've not been long on this forum... don't know if this message board has a liberal or conservative slant... guess I'll find out shortly...

Amazing that I qualify for; and can get a out of state resident Utah or a Florida CCW. But I can't get a Maryland CCW since the Maryland State Police does not issue CCW for solely for personal protection

10 more years and my wife will retire (I'm 10 years her senior so way ahead with that). Once she's done...

...we are moving back to Free America!
    As an expat Marylander all I can say is, all these laws don't seem to have affected the murder rate in Baltimore much. Much as I love my home state, you have to have a permit to piss there.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    you just have to laugh ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKrhKJUerU0
    Hey, that has a catchy tune. Maybe it will catch on ?

That's WHACK!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver