Best Pocket 9mm? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Pocket 9mm?

S&W Performance Center Shield

S&W just launched a new performance ported version of the Shield in 9mm and .40. for $500 list. Nice trigger, great sights and barrel porting. Worth a look for a great, controllable pocket pistol.

http://www.army.mil/article/74488/Gu...ed_and_loaded/
    If you have exchange privileges, selected facilities do sell hand guns and ammo to include AR15's. Now for the kicker, they are tax free.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

The Glock 43 is a nice unit !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Ruger LC9

perfect
    Agree, fits in my chap pocket or just about anywhere.
    CCW permit being key. I sometimes just carry a 45 belt holstered or conceal holstered.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    While you are at it, check out the newish G36.

G36 Single Stack 45
    That's what I carry when I feel the need to, It fits nicely in my front pocket and with the pierce +1 clip extension I can hold/shoot it comfortably.
    JAYGO

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    S&W just launched a new performance ported version of the Shield in 9mm and .40. for $500 list. Nice trigger, great sights and barrel porting. Worth a look for a great, controllable pocket pistol.
    Only drawback to a ported self defense pistol is shooting in low light. We have an HPD officer that shoots a full size S&W in .40 and when we go low light and that thing touches off its like a flashbulb. Now add hot loaded self defense rounds and there is quite the flash from those ports. When I shoot my revolver in low light just the flash from the cylinder and forcing cone is quite bright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Just a little input from someone that's been doing this for a long time. For what's out of here right now , I don't think the Federal line of premium ammo can be beat. No matter the gun I shoot it out of Federal Premium Handgun ammo is always the most accurate. I know some of you will say that you can beat it with handloads. There are just so many reasons you shouldn't carry your handloads. I've been shooting some of the zombie loads from Hornady. I don't know what that green shyt is in the hollow point but I just want to be prepared. The Federal Guard Dog ammo is very low flash compared to some of the offerings out there. Informal tests on wet newspaper have shown them to have awesome expansion. Accuracy like I said is top notch and they feed flawlessly in all my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Just a little input from someone that's been doing this for a long time. For what's out of here right now , I don't think the Federal line of premium ammo can be beat. No matter the gun I shoot it out of Federal Premium Handgun ammo is always the most accurate. I know some of you will say that you can beat it with handloads. There are just so many reasons you shouldn't carry your handloads. I've been shooting some of the zombie loads from Hornady. I don't know what that green shyt is in the hollow point but I just want to be prepared. The Federal Guard Dog ammo is very low flash compared to some of the offerings out there. Informal tests on wet newspaper have shown them to have awesome expansion. Accuracy like I said is top notch and they feed flawlessly in all my guns.
    Crap. I have to totally agree with you. I have Guarddog in my semi's, wish they made it for revolvers. For my .38 I am going to have flash with anything I shoot so I go big and have Buffalo Bore +P. I found 20 round boxes of Guarddog on line last year at $14 a box for 9MM. He'd had 14 boxes, so stro took everyone of them. Bry, I have been carrying my XDs 9 for a while now. Really enjoy it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Hey Stro Buffalo Bore makes a 158 grain semi wadcutter in unjacketed lead. Kinda like the old FBI load. Its loaded specifically for snubbies. Shot a groundhog at 50 ft in the head last year with my 340 PD with that load. Took half his head off on exit. That's real world brother. To date I've shot six groundhogs , all headshots , with various 45's and that one Buffalo Bore in 38. The others were with 230 grain HydraShok. HydraShoks always impress me. One of those was a 26 pound boar at 80 ft. Shot in the back of the head it took his face off on exit. Sig P220 Carry Elite. The rest were with various Kimber 3 inch 1911's. That's how I test ammo. Fortunately groundhogs are abundant around here.

Which gun is which

I don't know if all of you are right but the way I see it you can hit a person center mass with about anything on the market and he can still shoot you. All handgun ammo is underpowered, and it doesn't matter if its a 380 or a 45, the best bet is one you can lay down some heavy fire with. Your always better putting 10 rounds center mass in multiple places then just one center mass. The more holes the better is my thoughts on the subject. Just don't run out of ammo in the middle of a fire fight!