Best Pocket 9mm? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Pocket 9mm?

[QUOTE=Reedman71;103409]Double Tap. Look it up.[/QUOTE

I do like the idea of the (2) hidden rounds . But I like the Bond unit better, just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Agree, fits in my chap pocket or just about anywhere.
    CCW permit being key. I sometimes just carry a 45 belt holstered or conceal holstered.
    The one that drops the dog attacking you is best...
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    The one that drops the dog attacking you is best...
    Ain't that the truth. Guys I urge all of you , if its legal in your state , get your concealed carry and then exercise your right to carry. If you can't get comfortable with a carry rig , PM or call or text me. I'm no expert but I have a lot if experience with what works and what's comfortable with your body type. Guys it won't do you any good under the car seat or in the nightstand drawer. When you need it you will need it instantly. You won't have time to go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Guys I urge all of you , if its legal in your state , get your concealed carry and then exercise your right to carry. If you can't get comfortable with a carry rig , PM or call or text me. I'm no expert but I have a lot if experience with what works and what's comfortable with your body type. Guys it won't do you any good under the car seat or in the nightstand drawer. When you need it you will need it instantly. You won't have time to go get it.
    Get it, shoot it..have the wife comfortable shooten it..
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

There are just a plethora of ultra comfortable designs to carry a firearm. And there are just as many firearms to fit your level of comfort. But, but, but......please do not get a device that separates the firearm from your body i.e. A purse, a fanny pack a briefcase. There are a lot of devices that tout this is the way to go. That gun should be closer to your body than a junkyard tick on shooters orphaned dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Hey!!! I adopted him. I call him Lil Randy.

I just checked out today a brand thats American made that I had never heard of...Sccy pronounced Sky. They have one of the most compact single stack 9mm I have ever seen. Gun weighs 15oz and carries 10+1. Comes with a lifetime warranty all for around $250...couldn't find anything but good about it online...I'm buying!

Quote Originally Posted by Old N Grumpy View Post
    I just checked out today a brand thats American made that I had never heard of...Sccy pronounced Sky. They have one of the most compact single stack 9mm I have ever seen. Gun weighs 15oz and carries 10+1. Comes with a lifetime warranty all for around $250...couldn't find anything but good about it online...I'm buying!
    A great little gun for the price.That being said,Beware of the Double Action trigger reset.(Its very different)The return spring is not strong like a double action Revolver.You must consciously push your finger all the way forward each shot.Perhaps I had problems with this because I'm a Glock shooter? Other than that its a great gun. (The primers are too hard in Armscore Ammo for it,You will get malfunctions with this ammo).I did not get a chance to shoot steel case ammo....... (I shoot steel cases almost exclusively for practice) I'll stick with the Glock 26 that cost almost twice as much because my life is worth it..(The Glock digests steel without a hiccup)..........Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Don't forget to look at the SHield, which you can also get in .40. The shield 9mm can hold 2 more rounds that the Glock 43 and a better trigger. Whichever you choose, pick good quality defensive ammo. Corbon DPX, Hornady Critical Duty/Critical Defense are all great loads.
    I have to agree on this one, this is my only hand gun and have learned to really like it.
    shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    In the interests of saving space, anyone recommend a jam proof, accurate, small frame 9MM semi for camping trips? I just don't want to carry any full frame guns, I'm pretty maxed out space wise already and 38s are too light a load IMHO. I've got a CCW permit so no worries there. Thanks upfront.
    I like my Shield .40 and the same gun is available as a 9 also. But it's a stretch to call the Shield or most of the guns mentioned here "pocket guns". I can carry the Shield comfortably inside the waistband (IWB) but not in the pocket. For pocket or IWB, depending on the clothing being worn, I really like my Sig P238. Yes, it's a .380, but a gun left at home or locked in a saddle bag does you no good. You're unarmed under those conditions. I prefer to be armed ALL the time. And all my carry guns have a Crimson Trace mounted on them. Incidentally, the Sig P238 has a very easy to rack slide which works well for those of us in their 70's who have to put up with arthritis in the hands. The low effort slide is why I've replaced my Kahr P380 with the Sig.