REAR LUGGAGE RACK SAGGING: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REAR LUGGAGE RACK SAGGING:

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    My guess is it's the lawyers, the manufacturers know they will handle more but just don't want to have to defend that in court.
    If it is indefensible...then that is indefensible. If the FENDER won't hold more than 6lbs safely, that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    If it is indefensible...then that is indefensible. If the FENDER won't hold more than 6lbs safely, that's another story.
    Luckily for all of us having a passenger back rest, the mounting point for the rest/luggage rack is attached to the frame with the bolt bosses protruding through the rear plastic cover. Those having a Basic Model have to purchase the mounting kit separately. The kit contains two replacement inserts with holes to accommodate the bolt bosses

Attachment 16732Attachment 16733

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Luckily for all of us having a passenger back rest, the mounting point for the rest/luggage rack is attached to the frame with the bolt bosses protruding through the rear plastic cover. Those having a Basic Model have to purchase the mounting kit separately. The kit contains two replacement inserts with holes to accommodate the bolt bosses

Attachment 16732Attachment 16733
    thanks...then the problem is that rack[s lawyers]

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Here's my Original Thread on the rack which contains all the dimensions on the aluminum spools/risers

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...d-Luggage-Rack

Thanks for the details Bob109!

If I remember correctly, I believe the smaller Honda cargo rack also had a 6 lb rating. I have loaded my MP3 with a loaded tour pack and duffle strapped to the top of that. That weight was tight against the back of the passenger backrest and directly above the cargo rack mounting bolts.

I don't hang additional luggage on the back of the tour pack which would put more weight further back from the mounting bolts, to the rear most edge of the rack. No issues to date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]