New bike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New bike

New bike

Well I pulled the trigger. I traded the f6 for a new 2015 roadglide. I just could never get into the f6 plus I couldn't get comfortable on the bike. Life is too short to be riding a bike that you don't like. I just wanna say this was an awesome forum and I got a lot of knowledge off you guys. Thanks everyone and ride safe

Enjoy your ride. There is a bike out there for everyone. We are fortunate to have so many different bikes to chose from.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Congrats and it's probably an awesome feeling to know you have what you want.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger. I traded the f6 for a new 2015 roadglide. I just could never get into the f6 plus I couldn't get comfortable on the bike. Life is too short to be riding a bike that you don't like. I just wanna say this was an awesome forum and I got a lot of knowledge off you guys. Thanks everyone and ride safe
    I think you can still be a member of this group if you desire.
    I wish you the best of luck with your new ride..Ask the dealer right away about the Factory recall on the brake master cylinder. I doubt they changed it before sale. There is also a recall on the Attachments that hold the saddle bags on...My Riding buddy's 2015 Had its Brain go bad. Now it has been on the rack at the dealer for two weeks waiting on the master shaft, bearing and seal between the tranny and Primary. It dumped its oil on the garage floor,less than 3000 miles went to the dealer in a trailer,got fixed in 3 days, rode it home. Next morning oil in the floor.Trailer-ed to the dealer. Been there for a little over two weeks waiting for parts.... I had this same problem on my 2011 Road Glide Ultra at 2000 miles, Plus bad compensator at 7000, replaced cam bearings at 20,000,and I could go on and on until I sold it in 13 and bought the Fast Black F6BD for a fraction of what the Road Glide cost....A bike that cost as much or more than your Road Glide shouldn't have such problems. They did improve the 103 by putting 255 cams in it. And the ...never mind I'm starting to feel bad talking about all this...Really good luck to you..............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Congrats!
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Congrats on the new Roadglide. You will have a great time on it, I'm certain. I have never had any issues with my 2011 Ultra Limited, and it has been the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. I enjoy my F6B too...but the Harley is a more enjoyable and comfortable ride, at least for me. Glad I have both!

Congrats, I am going to do the same. My F6B is a great bike but I simply can't get comfortable on it.

What is the height and weight of you guys that can't get comfy on the F6B??...Just curious and thanks if your willing to share also your inseam measurements....Ride safe...

Just change the seat!

Its got to be more than just being uncomfortable cause you can change a seat and find the comfort your looking for, I am changing the seat on my F6b and having Day-Long seats build me a new one. So I am assuming that you are giving up all that technology just because you want to go back to some ancient technology for a reason. You miss all the problems that the Harley has, the leaks, the trips to get it repaired at the dealer, the cooling problems. The excess heat frying your legs in the hot summer weather, have I missed anything. Well its your decision and I just don't understand I guess why you would give up a nice piece for one that is questionable. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Its got to be more than just being uncomfortable cause you can change a seat and find the comfort your looking for, I am changing the seat on my F6b and having Day-Long seats build me a new one. So I am assuming that you are giving up all that technology just because you want to go back to some ancient technology for a reason. You miss all the problems that the Harley has, the leaks, the trips to get it repaired at the dealer, the cooling problems. The excess heat frying your legs in the hot summer weather, have I missed anything. Well its your decision and I just don't understand I guess why you would give up a nice piece for one that is questionable. JMHO
    On my 4th HD, have never had any of those issues. Great paint, way more adjustability, after market support matched by none, style, character. I have talked to 5 from here who have gone back to HD. Must be the T-shirts??
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King