Gold Wing Trunk on an F6B

Thread: Gold Wing Trunk on an F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Givi

They appear to be Givi top boxes....ebay

Painted to Match

Color matched the top plate to the new re-paint on the bike. You cannot do that if you get one with a matte pebbled texture. You would have to get one with a smooth painted top which costs a little extra.

I think the box Hdvn mounted on his bike is the one Rivco is selling for $250. The only thing is Rivco's comes with a rack on top. It's not the best made box but for that kind of money it's not bad. I mounted one on my 2013 black to carry more junk when I travel. The original plan was to mount it so it can be easily removed when staying local but the black paint matched the bike so well I haven't removed it since I mounted it. Or maybe I'm just to lazy to unscrew the 4 wing nuts that I fabricated to hold it on.
    If you do go this route be prepared to modify what you get from Rivco in order to mount it on your 6.

Givi case with backrest

I had a Show Chrome backrest on my 13 F6B and my wife liked it, but I didn't like how it looked and since I ride more often alone than 2 up, I went for a removable Givi case that I use only when my wife rides with me. The backrest is comfortable and when I remove the case the rack looks good. I slightly modified the spacers provided with the mounting hardware so the rack leans slightly more towards the back of the bike. The rack and mounting hardware was purchased at Twisted Throttle and you can get a Givi case anywhere. I got the Monokey 47 litter and it clears the radio antenna.

This is an old thread from last year, I'm pretty sure he has a standard wing now by the looks of his avatar lol

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    Color matched the top plate to the new re-paint on the bike. You cannot do that if you get one with a matte pebbled texture. You would have to get one with a smooth painted top which costs a little extra.

Can you tell me more about your top box and carrier you purchased? I want to add a top box but have the rear seat back and read that the givi box wont fit if you have the rear seat on.? I see differently in your pictures and it looks great.

Which rack / carrier did you have to purchase and size of the givi box? I have the blue F6B, may have to buy a black box for now.?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015 F6B owner (purchased new 10/29/16)
    Traded in my 2014 CTX 1300
    Sold my 1995 Nighthawk
    Sold (1st bike) Kawasaki Vulcan 500