Gold Wing Trunk on an F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Wing Trunk on an F6B

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Dave, not to change the mode of the thread, but the 2016 White Goldwing is really sharp and apparently has some much needed front suspension improvements....Maybe it might be wise, as you ride a lot two-up, to go for the full "Monty"...Regards......An old Valkyrie rider friend....
    Thanks Opa, You may very well be right.

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    Not sure this will help but many rear seat passengers have felt a little uneasy with the Deluxe stock backrest being so low. I installed an adjustable height bracket that the Honda dealership out of Storm Lake Iowa (712) 732-2460 sells and my passenger loves it. I paid $150.00 at the time, not sure what it is now but well worth the money. Might be a much more cost effective solution to make your passenger feel secure.

My wife was the same way and I too bought the extendable unit from the same dealer and she loves it
    Born to Ride! Check out more of my F6B Trike Pics in my album

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Before all the replies of "Heresy!', "Why didn't you just buy a full dressed Goldwing?" etc. let me offer a brief explanation. I came off a Valkyrie Interstate that I had owned almost 10 years when I purchased my F6B. Bottom line, my wife isn't comfortable on the back.

It's not the seat, I have an Ultimate and she loves that as well as I do. She just doesn't feel secure sitting back there feeling more exposed then she did on the Valkyrie. Yes I can just buy a new Goldwing and I looked at them today. I was offered a fair price for my bike but I still prefer the blacked out look of our frames and wheels. While I really liked the thought of built in cruise and GPS I could be happy with a Goldwing trunk. (Not a big fan of the other options.)

So finally getting to my question, does anyone know what would be involved to put a current model trunk on an F6B?
    Dave
    Two things that you can look at are getting a riser for the back rest[ one of our members sells them] or look at a Harley style
    chopped tour pac with passenger pad on it .
    I must add that a few of the members here have done this and I think it looks great.
    I say the chopped tour pac because it tends to follow the lines of our bike.
    Do a search here and you will see what I mean.
    shortleg

Nice trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    Attachment 16258Attachment 16259
    Trunks attach to the stock luggage rack
    What's the brand and where can I find it?

The one on top is a GIVI E470, holds 2 helmets andc the whole box snaps on and off easy with a keylock... about $260 with the painted top. http://www.compacc.com/p/givi-monolo...XnwaApKd8P8HAQ

Or you can buy one like on the bottom pic which is very similar on ebay for about $50 which works about as well.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...trunk&_sacat=0
    get one that is 47 liter to 55 liter so It can hold 2 regular helmets or a lot of groceries.

Buying one smaller than that will not look right on a large bike.

Givi

They appear to be Givi top boxes....ebay

Painted to Match

Color matched the top plate to the new re-paint on the bike. You cannot do that if you get one with a matte pebbled texture. You would have to get one with a smooth painted top which costs a little extra.

I think the box Hdvn mounted on his bike is the one Rivco is selling for $250. The only thing is Rivco's comes with a rack on top. It's not the best made box but for that kind of money it's not bad. I mounted one on my 2013 black to carry more junk when I travel. The original plan was to mount it so it can be easily removed when staying local but the black paint matched the bike so well I haven't removed it since I mounted it. Or maybe I'm just to lazy to unscrew the 4 wing nuts that I fabricated to hold it on.
    If you do go this route be prepared to modify what you get from Rivco in order to mount it on your 6.

Givi case with backrest

I had a Show Chrome backrest on my 13 F6B and my wife liked it, but I didn't like how it looked and since I ride more often alone than 2 up, I went for a removable Givi case that I use only when my wife rides with me. The backrest is comfortable and when I remove the case the rack looks good. I slightly modified the spacers provided with the mounting hardware so the rack leans slightly more towards the back of the bike. The rack and mounting hardware was purchased at Twisted Throttle and you can get a Givi case anywhere. I got the Monokey 47 litter and it clears the radio antenna.

This is an old thread from last year, I'm pretty sure he has a standard wing now by the looks of his avatar lol