First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike!

Thread: First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well one of my buddies brought it to my attention that my numbers are slightly off, so to correct it I had to go top off the tank to get a more accurate mileage. I went and topped off the tank because we started with full tanks, it took another 1.38 gallons to bring it to full. That would bring the mileage down to 49.9 mpg's.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Still outstanding mileage, if you did your math right. About 42 - 45 mpg. here.

shooter
    Like Seadog said , one of the biggest variables is fuel. Here in MO in the summer we have oxygenated fuel. It costs me 2 to 3 mpg. The best I've done was on a day following a bunch of slow azz old farts in Harleys. That was 45 mpg. I generally ride the wife on the B and most of the time its between 39 to 41 mpg in the summer. Cooler temps in the fall get me up around 43 without the oxygenated fuel. That 50 mpg is impressive. See if you can duplicate that.

My best mileage was 51.62 and that was mostly down hill coming back from Tahoe. Got 47.10 going up there. The lowest I have gotten is 36.19.

42 in the morning, 42 in the evening, 42 at supper time................

I just got back from the F6B Rally in Franklin; and was curious as to what my overall mileage was.

It was 48 mpg. And that was sustained highway driving; mountain roads, Dragon, etc... I am pleased.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Try getting on the highway at 70 mph instead of 35. Something is totally wrong with your figures if you were driving highway speeds.
    I don't normally ride the highway unless i'm forced to. I like riding the back roads to see what's there and places I've never been. Average speed was somewhere between 55-65 mph. Funny thing is that where I went I have been there many many times in my truck and I know the distance and time it takes to get there on the highway. However on the Wing going to the same place on back roads it took longer but was actually a shorter distance by almost 50 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I just got back from the F6B Rally in Franklin; and was curious as to what my overall mileage was.

It was 48 mpg. And that was sustained highway driving; mountain roads, Dragon, etc... I am pleased.
    That's real close to mine so it's not just me...........
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike