First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First long ride and mileage is really impressive for new bike!

Normal ride day I am averaging in the high 40's,that includes highway at 70-80.
    If I run at 80 plus it goes down appreciably but still 40+
    I have gotten over 50 cruising around in the mountains between 35 and 60 mph in fifth gear.
    Came back through Kansas last week and the winds brought her down to the mid 30s at highway speeds.I was really concerned about that as I had added a Klockwerks shield before I headed back to Colorado. Thought at first the shield cut mileage but then back in CO mileage went back to normal..mid 40s..
    I am not anal about it,I do the math at gas stops.Overall no complaints..

Fuel / Gas Mileage

My first two fill up, I got 45 and 46 respectively. Been sitting in the garage since I haven't yet got tags yet.

just about normal for most

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    In a little over 15k miles...40 - 44.

We have a local vendor that sells ethanol free 93 octane. I did one tank of that and it went up to 46mpg. Back to regular 87 octane and she is back to 43
    I get 39 when I am twisting on it and 43 when riding like a sane person. But I never let any moss grow on the tires when I am going some place. 80 and 85 on the freeways , 70 most of the time on the two lanes and it has to be pretty twisty and windy to slow me down much from there. I ain't going to argue with 39 miles to the gallon at 80 to 85 miles per hour. The 6 is just awesome and handles like a dream. Of course all that speed is when I am by myself, if I am riding with others we go the speed the others want to ride.

Aggressive riding average 43 mpg one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Well my F6B is 6 days old and I went on my first long trip this weekend with it. Rode from the Dayton Ohio area down to Dale Hollow lake in Tenn. I kept track of the miles on both trip meters and would fill the bike back up around 200 miles or so, was still showing about 1/4 tank left. Average fill up at those time was just over 4 gallons. Total trip miles was 611.5 and the bike used a grand total of 10.86 gallons for an overall mileage of 56.3 mpg's!! That's incredible!

Filled mine yesterday and did a neck to neck tank with a 57.3 mpg......very impressed!!! No highway driving, just back and forth to work!!! My old V-star was 43 mpg....

I have been able to duplicate my findings several more times. If i'm blasting around town and back and forth to work it's 43-45 and on my long backroad rides it's around 49-52.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Purchased a leftover 2013 on 4/24/15 and have put nearly 10,000 miles on her since then. Have to say that I am very happy with the mpg I am getting. I use an app called Road Trip to track my expenses/mileage and and this is how it breaks down for me.

Premium 93 Octane - 7,857 miles 44.60 mpg
    Premium 91 Octane - 159 miles 44.98 mpg
    Regular 87 Octane - 64 miles 38.42 mpg
    91 Ethanol free - 1,735 miles 46.08 mpg

Mileage is better with the ethanol free gas but when you factor in price differential between the ethanol free gas and the 93 Octane, the 93 Octane is the better bang for the buck. Also, my mileage took a bit of a hit when I replaced the stock windshield with a larger one from clearview shields. I lost between 1.5-2 mpg with the larger shield. But the trade off in comfort was well worth it.

Not sure why but I get no where near the mpg talked about here. My normal mpg is high 30's. On a good day I may get low 40's and have never got better than 42. I got that with non-ethanol fuel. I have tried premium and it doesn't make much of a difference. I didn't buy the bike for mileage so I don't think about it much unless I open a thread like this. Guess I will have to stop reading threads about mpg.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Not sure why but I get no where near the mpg talked about here. My normal mpg is high 30's. On a good day I may get low 40's and have never got better than 42. I got that with non-ethanol fuel. I have tried premium and it doesn't make much of a difference. I didn't buy the bike for mileage so I don't think about it much unless I open a thread like this. Guess I will have to stop reading threads about mpg.
    Valk I think you're mileage is normal. My mpg mirrors yours. The worst I've gotten is 36 and that was on a 4:30 am jaunt at 100 mph. Didn't take long to go 150 miles. My best solo has been 44. Really slow pace. I'm generally around that 40 mark. Some of these guys are exceptional. I saw a post of 56 mpg. I don't call people liars. I do question their accuracy. Even 50 mpg on any kind of trip is questionable. I'm not trying to be confrontational but I would like to ride with these guys and see for myself the process if the fill-up and the mileage counting. I believe that they really are coming up with these figures but I question the process. If you look at the MPG sticky it bears out my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Valk I think you're mileage is normal. My mpg mirrors yours. The worst I've gotten is 36 and that was on a 4:30 am jaunt at 100 mph. Didn't take long to go 150 miles. My best solo has been 44. Really slow pace. I'm generally around that 40 mark. Some of these guys are exceptional. I saw a post of 56 mpg. I don't call people liars. I do question their accuracy. Even 50 mpg on any kind of trip is questionable. I'm not trying to be confrontational but I would like to ride with these guys and see for myself the process if the fill-up and the mileage counting. I believe that they really are coming up with these figures but I question the process. If you look at the MPG sticky it bears out my questions.
    Had similar thoughts. I know things like location, altitude , riding style and type of gas make a difference but high 30's to low 50's seems like a lot!