Iso grips help with arthritis?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iso grips help with arthritis?

Iso grips help with arthritis?

I guess I might be getting arthritis in my hands. Clamping down on the stock grips is becoming increasingly uncomfortable. Just wondering if anyone in the same boat has gotten some relief with the Kuryakyn iso grips. I really hadn't wanted to go that route, but if it helps significantly, I sure will.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grip puppies worked out great for me

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Grip puppies worked out great for me
    I've used them in the past and imagine they would. What I don't like is the feel like they're slipping a little as I twist the throttle. Sure would be cheaper though.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have you tried a good pair of vented summer gloves. I put the grip puppies on also but didn't care for the movement and feel. I always wear gloves and thought I would try a new pair (can't seem to remember the company right now) with a bit of padding and it has worked out fairly well for me. With the Baker wings under the mirrors I get enough wind to keep my hands comfortable even on a hot day.

GRAB ON

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    I've used them in the past and imagine they would. What I don't like is the feel like they're slipping a little as I twist the throttle. Sure would be cheaper though.
    Try Grab on foam covers. Available from some of our sponsors through Parts Unlimited: #0630-0359 $12.95
    http://asset.lemansnet.com/static/si...eet/#?page=551

They fit tight! I spray a little of my wife's hairspray on the existing grip and inside the cover then.....slip them on quick!

My arthritis might be alittle different it's the gripping action that causes discomfort in my hand, therefore it doesn't matter what type of grips/puppies are installed. What helps is use of a palm rest, with this item I can more or less relax the grip and yet control safely.

I have the Kuryakyn grips that fit over the stock heated grips and they work great for me..Larger than the stockers which helps my grip...Also I use, a pair of fingerless padded gloves from Victory that really help a lot.....

I installed the Kury ISO grips a few weeks ago----and wish I hadn't. Too big for my short fingers.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I installed ISO black grips a week after I bought my F6 but I might be a bit opinionated since I've had them on my last 3 bikes. I really didn't like the skinny stock grips and set them as a priority change.
    The only problem I have now is finding a good throttle lock that will work with them. I ordered the Breakaway brand when I ordered the grips only to find out from Breakaway that they will not work together and they do not make one that does.

I just bought the MC???? cruise control and I hope it helps my hand. I will let you know as soon as I get the time and become brave enough to tackle the install. Mostly I need the time to do it without interruptions which will allow me to go slow and methodical and do it in one shot.
    Steve