LED fog lights/mis-alignment in the lower cowl ??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED fog lights/mis-alignment in the lower cowl ???

Glad you got it.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hmmm. Block off bracket is supposed to be reinstalled when mounting the fog light brackets IAW the instructions I have with my lights.

Check your cowling attachment as I rediscovered in post #16 above.
    I certainly will, I noticed you live in Hanover, I'm a native Marylander and Hanover was one of my favorite rides out of B'more.
    ss^,
    Ken

Good for you, willtill. I'm glad you got it installed to eliminate the gaps.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Getting there...better

Well, I removed the lower cowl again. Got the snaps and the correct screws placed (2 sizes). I also gave the adjustment screws another 5 turns in...the adjustment screw seems to pull the lights in down towards where they want to be. The fit is a LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Well, I removed the lower cowl again. Got the snaps and the correct screws placed (2 sizes). I also gave the adjustment screws another 5 turns in...the adjustment screw seems to pull the lights in down towards where they want to be. The fit is a LOT better.

Definitely check the light pattern though... don't just adjust the lights to "fit" into the fairing only... I have the top illumination of my fog light beams roughly 8" below the low headlight beams; at approximately 5 feet away from a wall.

I do need to go out in the dark on a road and actually view the "throw" of the fog lights... to be certain I am getting the illumination that I need; and still present a nice LED visual to traffic as well... it's a balancing act.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Good for you, willtill. I'm glad you got it installed to eliminate the gaps.
    Me too! Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    I certainly will, I noticed you live in Hanover, I'm a native Marylander and Hanover was one of my favorite rides out of B'more.
    Yes...but it's REALLY built up around here now. Not sure when you left...? Riding is OK currrently out in southern Anne Arundel/West Howard county but any closer... traffic and development.

I'm not a native Marylander myself... just ended up staying when I retired (Ft Meade) and met and married my wife... we will be heading south/southwest when she retires...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Definitely check the light pattern though... don't just adjust the lights to "fit" into the fairing only... I have the top illumination of my fog light beams roughly 8" below the low headlight beams; at approximately 5 feet away from a wall.

I do need to go out in the dark on a road and actually view the "throw" of the fog lights... to be certain I am getting the illumination that I need; and still present a nice LED visual to traffic as well... it's a balancing act.
    Thanks. Will do. I still have adjustment- so they were pretty high when I originally fit them,. The numbers you provided will help.

Just read this thread

I was having issues with the show chrome led fogs, same thing, i put the cowl on wrong , thanks willtill! And thanks 53 driver for the search thread tips. It worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    I was having issues with the show chrome led fogs, same thing, i put the cowl on wrong , thanks willtill! And thanks 53 driver for the search thread tips. It worked!
    Glad to be of service - but even more happy that you got what you needed and all is right with the world!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce