Madstad windshield owners

Thread: Madstad windshield owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1. For a man of your size your should go w/ the 15" unless they make a bigger one...

2. Yes

3. No, this is a total unit

4. Yes

Hope this helps... great windshield....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

1- 6'1" with the 13" I have mine in the lowest setting. I can look over or through depending on adjustment.

2- Yes

3- it's a toal replacement 2 piece system.

4- yes no complaints from the wife with open face helmet.

I am 6'1". I got the 13" and had to exchange it for the 11". At the lowest point, the 13" top edge was dead in my line of sight for the road--drove me nuts. They do reccomend the 13" for those over 6', but it just did not work in my case.

Yes it does help with the radio---a lot.

And yes, the wife says she can tell a lot of difference when I just tilt it forward and raise it just a inch. Combined with the hand wings and there are bunches and bunches of adjustability on how much or little wind you want.

I wear open face helmets and love to tinker with it depending on the weather.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been through them all. 15, 13 and 11 and I am 5"11 and now ride with an 11" sitting on a Mustang Seat.

FIRST,,, make sure you have the seat you want before you choose a windshield. I had a Shield that works with the stock seat and then went to a Mustang that sat me lower and changed everything.

Next,,, if you choose a Shield you can just look over when it is all the way down that limits your use of the adjustability. My advice is to go with a shorter Shield and move it up near the top of it's adjustment. Then you can dial it in as you want.

Just my 2 cents... and it's probably worth 1/2 that

I've spent most of my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I am 5' 8" with a mustang seat and the 11".

It works great with it on the lowest setting (right our of the box)
    I need to experiment with is more but it works so good I have not touched it after the install.

If anything it may work better if it was even lower / but the 11" is the smallest available.

I have the extra dark and it looks and performs great. As many have said it is one of the best things I have bought for the bike. I look completely over the shield. It comes to my chin and if I were tall I would get one that was even lower. It shields the wind so well that it could be a few inches below the chin and be even better. It would almost be like having no at all.

I thing my F4 customs with the vent is almost just as good but it does not look as good. I may try it in the winter when I need more air protection in the cold weather. Time will tell / Maybe if I just raise up the Madstad I will be ok / but with it being extra dark I do not want to look through it at all.
    Steve

About 6' and longer than average torso with stock seat, I went with the 13" medium tint and I at it's lowest position I look over it pretty easy, when I raise it all the way up I have to look through it. Radio is louder too.