Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ???

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    You left Georgia out in the rain storm Sunday evening. How much cleaner does she have to be??
    Ernie and I would like there to be an award for Least Accessorized Bike.

Guns and Gas>Accessories

Teach

10-4 on the guns and gas.

Maybe the first thing to know is whether Tony or someone else is up to the task next year. This event is getting larger each year and it requires a lot of planning. Personally, I like having the rally at least in the same general area whether it's at the Microtel or not. The riding is great and usually, the weather is decent that time of year. If the idea is to centralize and possibly attract an even larger crowd, that, to me, just makes it even harder to manage.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I will start this off....
    One comment I heard this year was to Stop the photo opp on Saturday, on the BRP.... It interfered with the self guided rides....
    The photo op ..... the opportunity to see so many F6B's in one location with your own in the line-up is indeed very COOL. I saw a few other riders (that were there at the rest area from other groups) taking photos of our line-up including one rider from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Tony (Phantom) spoke of moving the Rally to the Ozarks next year. My opinion and you know what they say about opinions, is to keep it right where it is in Franklin NC.(although a pool would be nice). If you move to the Ozarks it requires more time off and greater expenditure. I suspect less participation from the South. I have to tell you I look forward to the Franklin NC.Rally Every year and would hate to see it go. I'm sure many others feel the same....
    Perhaps have a second Rally in the Ozarks....................................Dickie
    Dickie wearing a speedo in a Pool .... does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling
    The suggestion of the OZARKS would make it equally accessible for everyone.
    Dickie, a second Rally requires more time, more planning, more money, more vendor participation etc .... one event is all that I can do, perhaps you and others can orchestrate a second (it's not as easy as it looks).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Like myself, I know many of us do our own wrenching. However, maybe some would appreciate a couple tech sessions in performing certain maintenance procedures so that they might feel comfortable doing the same. Heck, just removing panels and body work could be a class. Just a thought. We could weigh the interest in such an activity.
    USMCWing volunteered last year to teach us all this year some self defense moves on friday and saturday evenings, Dave is a USMC instructor on how to kill and defend yourself from bad guys. He had even brought the plastic guns and knife for the classes, we were all enjoying ourselves that we just never had a free moment for the classes. We could coordinate it so that Saturday afternoon before the dinner some type of a class could be held.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I'd like to see a more comprehensive pre-ride briefing; prior to each major ride. Do's, don't's, proper group riding etiquette; etc.
    Excellent suggestion, we did this last year and should have done it this year

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Maybe the first thing to know is whether Tony or someone else is up to the task next year. This event is getting larger each year and it requires a lot of planning. Personally, I like having the rally at least in the same general area whether it's at the Microtel or not. The riding is great and usually, the weather is decent that time of year. If the idea is to centralize and possibly attract an even larger crowd, that, to me, just makes it even harder to manage.
    Thank you Ken, I personally would enjoy something different. This location has been great however I wouldn't mind seeing other great riding areas in this country and at the same time possibly make it more convenient for others to attend. A larger crowd isn't ideal, I like the size of our events as they are. Some that came last year did not come this year, we need to spice it it up a little

We are open to ideas, please keep in mind that I am not retired with endless amount of free time.

I have been kicking around with the idea of coinciding the 2016 F6B Rally with the 2016 Bikes, Blues and BBQ Rally that takes place at the end of September in Fayetteville Arkansas (see link below). Russellville Arkansas is only 2.5 hours away from the event and between the 2 cities are some great roads in the Ozarks to ride between the 2 venues.

Honda of Russellville has graciously offered to make their dealership "Ground Zero" for our Rally. There are several hotels nearby for accommodations.

The beauty of this would be that we could visit the motorcycle vendors at the BBB, perhaps enjoy a concert and some great riding in a new area for many of us .... just a thought.

If this is indeed our plan ..... The F6B Rally would START with Wednesday being our early arrival day, riding the Ozark's and visiting the BBB Thursday and Friday (before the roads become crowded) with our F6B Rally Dinner being held at Honda of Russellville FRIDAY evening instead of Saturday evening. This would give many of us both Saturday and Sunday to ride back home.

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Speaking as someone who intends to try to go next year...A sticky with NO replies that just has the basic info..where, when, phone contacts, accommodations, and maybe an events and meals list...I had to search a bit to find that stuff...especially as the date got closer and there was more chit chat hiding the basic info. IF there was such a post...I missed it

If you go to the Ozarks you are that much closer to Branson and seeing Barry Williams and some gambling.

https://youtu.be/lecalxicmK4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I too prefer the smaller venue.That's the draw for me. The smaller riding groups for me. The larger crowd with the BBB does not appeal to me at all. I don't go to Bike week or Biketoberfest for the same reason and I live 50 miles from Daytona. I doubt very seriously if I'd ride 986 miles to the BBB or the F6b Rally near it................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

I too prefer the smaller venue.That's the draw for me. The smaller riding groups for me.
    Kind of what I am thinking at this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I too prefer the smaller venue.That's the draw for me. The smaller riding groups for me. The larger crowd with the BBB does not appeal to me at all. I don't go to Bike week or Biketoberfest for the same reason and I live 50 miles from Daytona. I doubt very seriously if I'd ride 986 miles to the BBB or the F6b Rally near it................Dickie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Kind of what I am thinking at this time.

Gentlemen, this has nothing to do with the size of our venue, it has to do with including more members to our venue from the west coast and center of our country. The BBB and Branson MO are "destinations" that you may or may not want to visit. I've been told that the roads in between those "destinations" are some of the best riding around.

Ground Zero is not exactly near those destinations.

No one is obligated to partake in the coordinated rides, nothing has changed from how we coordinated our rides in Franklin.

3 years running in Franklin ..... I would like to see more of our forum members attend our event. let's meet halfway and make it possible.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Gentlemen, this has nothing to do with the size of our venue, it has to do with including more members to our venue from the west coast and center of our country. The BBB and Branson MO are "destinations" that you may or may not want to visit. I've been told that the roads in between those "destinations" are some of the best riding around.

Ground Zero is not exactly near those destinations.

No one is obligated to partake in the coordinated rides, nothing has changed from how we coordinated our rides in Franklin.

3 years running in Franklin ..... I would like to see more of our forum members attend our event. let's meet halfway and make it possible.
    OK, that sounds good. I will keep an open mind about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden