Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ???

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Gentlemen, this has nothing to do with the size of our venue, it has to do with including more members to our venue from the west coast and center of our country. The BBB and Branson MO are "destinations" that you may or may not want to visit. I've been told that the roads in between those "destinations" are some of the best riding around.

Ground Zero is not exactly near those destinations.

No one is obligated to partake in the coordinated rides, nothing has changed from how we coordinated our rides in Franklin.

3 years running in Franklin ..... I would like to see more of our forum members attend our event. let's meet halfway and make it possible.
    I for one would enjoy a different venue. Most of the group that attended our rally over the last 3 years live not far from Franklin and could visit the wonderful roads in that area at a weekends notice. Heading west would give some of us a new experience and a chance for more of our West Coast members to meet some of the East Coast members we have on forum. We have a year to plan and figure things out; yes we may need to use some extra vacation days, yes we may need to drive a bit further, and yes some of us will be in unfamiliar territory but that is part of the excitement!!!
    2004 R6
    2006 Black Ducati 749s
    2007 Special Edition ZX-14
    2009 HD V-Rod Night Rod
    2013 Honda F6B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gentlemen, this has nothing to do with the size of our venue, it has to do with including more members to our venue from the west coast and center of our country. The BBB and Branson MO are "destinations" that you may or may not want to visit. I've been told that the roads in between those "destinations" are some of the best riding around.

No one is obligated to partake in the coordinated rides, nothing has changed from how we coordinated our rides in Franklin.

3 years running in Franklin ..... I would like to see more of our forum members attend our event. let's meet halfway and make it possible.
    Tony, I have a business to run, plus I'm the President of a National Motorcycle Club. 4 days at Franklin is a push for me. I doubt I can swing More days to the Ozarks....Let me know the decision you make as soon as possible because if going to the Ozarks it will take much planning and still may not be possible...............................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Tony, I have a business to run, plus I'm the President of a National Motorcycle Club. 4 days at Franklin is a push for me. I doubt I can swing More days to the Ozarks....Let me know the decision you make as soon as possible because if going to the Ozarks it will take much planning and still may not be possible...............................Dickie
    I know you are a rider but if it comes to being in AR, maybe a commercial flight and a rental from HOR. Ground zero at a cycle dealer has some definite possibilities. That would save you a day or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I agree. Let's see more forum members (faces) involved in the F6B rally. If others cannot make it to a more centric location; well the numbers will balance out regardless...

...how bad do you want to go to the Rally and ride? We all make sacrifices to participate. Can you do it?

I'll be there. It's a frikken year out from now. Start planning for that time NOW.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Big Trouble

I am retired and can go anyplace. If I can help let me know.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I agree. Let's see more forum members (faces) involved in the F6B rally. If others cannot make it to a more centric location; well the numbers will balance out regardless...

...how bad do you want to go to the Rally and ride? We all make sacrifices to participate. Can you do it?

I'll be there. It's a frikken year out from now. Start planning for that time NOW.
    I've already called in sick and left my sub plans on the desk.

Teach

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I know you are a rider but if it comes to being in AR, maybe a commercial flight and a rental from HOR. Ground zero at a cycle dealer has some definite possibilities. That would save you a day or two.
    Good Idea.May make it more realistic for me...........................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I've already called in sick and left my sub plans on the desk.

Teach
    You should be riding Mango By then...Huh?.......................Dickie

We have done several rallies in that area. I also picked my bike up from HOR and tried out the roads north of there. There is some fabulous riding around the area.

The fact is you will loose a lot of people out East, but gain quite a few that are Central and West. We just did a rally out there (as vendors) a couple of months ago and got to see a large group of customers from the Western States that we never see at Rallies around the East Coast.
    You will need a host motel that you can put a tent at for socializing at night. We have found that splitting people up at motels for smaller rallies like this usually does not work that great. We have totally sold out the motel at our own event that we hold the last several years, the people at the other motels usually give feedback that they wished they were there with everyone.

As a (near)West-coaster, the ride to Franklin and back was a haul for me. But that fact was part of my motivation for going - I wanted to know how the bike (and I) would handle going the distance. Happy to say it was the best road trip I've ever made! So, regardless of where the next rally may be, I'll certainly make the effort to attend.

The routes around this years rally were exceptional. I imagine riding the Ozarks would be similarly interesting and challenging.

I agree that the eastern rally is more difficult for us westerners to attend...we do have to schedule more time away from work and home/families to be there, and it's more expensive. I think a more central rally sounds like a good idea to entice other forum members to attend.

It's been three annual rallies in the east now...how many central and western riders have been able to attend? I'd be interested to know how many have seriously considered going, but were put off by the distance and/or time required. Please chime in if this is you.

I guess what I'm saying is I loved everything about the Franklin rally, and absolutely would ride out again. I would "appreciate" something a little closer to home...but the trade off would be less time on the road, and I really, really enjoyed my time on the road. This was a legit two-week vacation for me!

Yeah, I know...still kinda vague, huh?
    The bottom line for me is, I'll ride to wherever the rally happens!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"