Nervous about my Hwy Pegs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nervous about my Hwy Pegs

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Nope never had that part hit, but the KY-4321 will hit first on my scoot.

I do recommend anyone who is worried that any aftermarket part they put on is going to hit to use the plywood trick to see what hit first when leaning the scoot.
    Take a sheet of plywood lay in on the ground with the long side edge touching the front & rear tires. Now while someone holds the bike straight up off the side stand and not on the center stand lift the outer edge of the plywood keeping the inner edge against the tires and watch what hits the plywood first.
    This method does no take in to account of how much low the bike would be with you on it, but the same test can be done with you on the bike and your helper lifting the plywood while you support the bike with straight up and one foot on the peg the side the plywood is on.
    That is an interesting and effective demonstration; of parts that may get ground up; before you get ground up

Most excellent! Thanks for the procedure.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hey BIGLRY,

I just installed those Kuryakyn #4321 Kinetic pegs on my drop downs. I like the feel of them... wasn't too happy with the previous mini-boards; since I had to use the inside front of my left foot to shift.

Now shifting is back to normal... can easily get my boot under the shifter.

Thanks for the idea and recommendation of them... from one of your previous posts!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Attachment 16556

Look to me like your mounting bracket is more for a horizontal bar which is higher up.

I installed the one pictured which is designed for the goldwing, it has that piece which goes under the motor for support and allows the pegs to be mounted flush with the horizontal bar (or even a little below or above)

Switch your mounts, right for left. That will put your pegs and hardware in the correct, higher position.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hey BIGLRY,

I just installed those Kuryakyn #4321 Kinetic pegs on my drop downs. I like the feel of them... wasn't too happy with the previous mini-boards; since I had to use the inside front of my left foot to shift.

Now shifting is back to normal... can easily get my boot under the shifter.

Thanks for the idea and recommendation of them... from one of your previous posts!
    Not my original idea, I have to thank coffee_weasle for doing this and giving me the idea that it might be the way for me to go also. Now that I have a few hundred miles on them I'm a very happy rider with better shifting along with a much better foot position than what I had with the mini boards.
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...netic-footpegs

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/