New vs. New old stock
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New vs. New old stock

New vs. New old stock

HI All,

Been lurking here for over a year....last July I demoed a F6B...loved it but wasn't quite ready to part with my R1200Rt. I think I'm close to ready now...rode a 2015 F6B this week and I really like these bikes! Here's the question.....I'm seeing several 2013 models still for sale new at dealers within a couple of hundred miles from me. Looks like they could be had for 5 to 7 thousand less than a 2015. I'd really love the cruise control, but other than that, would I be missing much by buying a 2013 (new) instead of a 2015. I'm not sure of all the changes by model year...but 5 to 7 thousand seems like a lot for cruise control! My other option I guess would be wait until next summer when some of the 2015s have a lower price. Also, was there a problem with the black paint on past models?

Thanks,
    ROB Ray

Buy the leftover and buy a aftermarket cruise and you will have enough money leftover to get the bike painted if you choose and still be 4k ahead

Quote Originally Posted by wabo100 View Post
    Buy the leftover and buy a aftermarket cruise and you will have enough money leftover to get the bike painted if you choose and still be 4k ahead
    +1, there is an aftermarket company that makes a like factory cruise for $900.00 plus install.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ray View Post
    HI All,

Been lurking here for over a year....last July I demoed a F6B...loved it but wasn't quite ready to part with my R1200Rt. I think I'm close to ready now...rode a 2015 F6B this week and I really like these bikes! Here's the question.....I'm seeing several 2013 models still for sale new at dealers within a couple of hundred miles from me. Looks like they could be had for 5 to 7 thousand less than a 2015. I'd really love the cruise control, but other than that, would I be missing much by buying a 2013 (new) instead of a 2015. I'm not sure of all the changes by model year...but 5 to 7 thousand seems like a lot for cruise control! My other option I guess would be wait until next summer when some of the 2015s have a lower price. Also, was there a problem with the black paint on past models?

Thanks,
    ROB Ray
    If ya can live without the cruse then a $5K to $7K savings is hard to pass up, there is a great aftermarket cruse for a lot less if ya just have to have one. Color changes & cruse, that is about it. The big diff is between the Deluxe and the std. models. Deluxe model has passenger backrest, centerstand, self-canceling turn signals and heated grips the 2013 standard models don't and may be why you see such a low price sometimes on a 2013 standard model.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    Buy the 13. Its money in your pocket.

Buy the 13...cruze us over rated....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I disagree with Steve about cruise being over rated. But you can buy a lot of cruise for 6 grand.... I love my 13.............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Love my cruise control...got so tired of wrist pain from pulling on my Rune throttle for the last 10 years...plus center stand and self cancel turn sigs...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rob, while you're waiting for next year models hoping the 2015 goes down. You could be riding and having the time of your life with the best bike you have ever ridden!

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Love my cruise control...got so tired of wrist pain from pulling on my Rune throttle for the last 10 years...plus center stand and self cancel turn sigs...
    Rub it in!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt