Why are the Mustangs seats being sold ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Mustangs seats being sold ?

Why are the Mustangs seats being sold ?

Forum,
    I am interested in the Mustang seat. Lately I have seen a few of them being sold. I was traveling to the Wing Ding and missed a couple of great deals,but with that I am wondering why they are being offered?
    Are they comfortable on long rides?
    What didn't the sellers like about them?
    My stock seat has become comfortable over the last +15K miles on extended runs(it has a backrest) and I really like the Mustang more for looks than need.
    I guess that is the question-what didn't you like about it? How did you rate it against the stock? How long did you ride the stock seat before you opted to change it?
    Thanx for any responses..

I've noticed a lot of people have traded off their bikes on some of the seats I have found. I was going to get one but like most they are a dedicated company for short or average riders, too bad if your tall! I ordered an Ultimate "King seat" for my F6.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Forum,
    I am interested in the Mustang seat. Lately I have seen a few of them being sold. I was traveling to the Wing Ding and missed a couple of great deals,but with that I am wondering why they are being offered?
    My stock seat has become comfortable over the last +15K miles on extended runs(it has a backrest) and I really like the Mustang more for looks than need.
    I guess that is the question-what didn't you like about it? How did you rate it against the stock? How long did you ride the stock seat before you opted to change it?
    I have had a few different Mustang seats on my bikes over the years and I've also liked them. (both for looks and comfort) For this one (Tripper Fastback) I like the way it looks and I like that it sits a little lower then the stock seat. What I don't like about it is that it can be a total pain in the a$$ to install the first time you put it on. I think this is because it is so much more "oversized" then the stock seat. But as I said… after the first round of fighting with it it seems to get easier to deal with. From a comfort standpoint… the way the drivers section of the seat "dips down" makes a natural drivers backrest. This is just a little too much for me. (but I'm not a backrest guy in the first place)

All of that being said… I have one for sale if you're interested. Almost brand new. (only had it on the bike for a couple of days) I'd like to get $400 (OBO) for it including shipping. Just let me know.

PM

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    I have had a few different Mustang seats on my bikes over the years and I've also liked them. (both for looks and comfort) For this one (Tripper Fastback) I like the way it looks and I like that it sits a little lower then the stock seat. What I don't like about it is that it can be a total pain in the a$$ to install the first time you put it on. I think this is because it is so much more "oversized" then the stock seat. But as I said… after the first round of fighting with it it seems to get easier to deal with. From a comfort standpoint… the way the drivers section of the seat "dips down" makes a natural drivers backrest. This is just a little too much for me. (but I'm not a backrest guy in the first place)

All of that being said… I have one for sale if you're interested. Almost brand new. (only had it on the bike for a couple of days) I'd like to get $400 (OBO) for it including shipping. Just let me know.
    Hey Sam I sent you a PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Forum,
    I have the mustang tuck and roll and find it much more comfortable than stock, after a couple hundred miles you are ready for a break but you razz recovery time is quicker. One downside is that it is not waterproof but that can be fixed before a ride with protect all or Doc Baileys. The positive is that it is more breathable in that it is not sealed like the stock.

Rich

I bought my mustang seat for the backrest plus it looks great and I can ride on all day. I am keeping mine.

I put just short of 10,000miles on the F6Bs stock seat with a Utopia Backrest. I had a Mustang w/backrest on my Valk and did not think a Mustang would do the job with the backrest, BUT I bought a used Mustang a couple weeks ago and have just about a thousand miles on it now and I am surprised I have been comfortable without the backrest.
    I do like the lower seat height although i thought it was 1" lower and 1" back. I am actually forward just a bit. All in all a nice seat.

Mustang seat is too hard for me.

I had Mustangs on 2 of my Harleys and then a basic one on the F6B, but they were all too firm. After an hour in the saddle I could not wait for an excuse to get off. The lower, more rearward orientation was nice in parking lots with the Honda, but I sold mine locally for $300 to a great guy in San Jose who rides much more than I do. Maybe I am a tender(foot)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    I had Mustangs on 2 of my Harleys and then a basic one on the F6B, but they were all too firm. After an hour in the saddle I could not wait for an excuse to get off. The lower, more rearward orientation was nice in parking lots with the Honda, but I sold mine locally for $300 to a great guy in San Jose who rides much more than I do. Maybe I am a tender(foot)...
    That is one of the reasons I have hesitated to buy the Mustang. I think the stock F6B seat is very comfortable, but I was considering the Mustang for looks alone...I think the stock F6B seat makes the bike look like a scooter. Unfortunately, Mustang doesn't allow you to try the seat out and send it back. You buy it, you own it...then if you don't like it and sell it, you take the big financial hit on what is essentially a new seat. I think Ultimate seats allows a short trial period however.

The other issue with the Mustangs as reported by many are their tendency to absorb water through the seams....resulting in a wet butt after riding following a rain storm or heavy overnight condensation.

I think the Mustang looks awesome on the bike though. I have so many hardly used exhaust systems, windshields, mirrors, seats, accessories, electronics, GPSs, handlebars, etc, etc from all my bikes over the years that I could seemingly build a new bike from parts! I am hesitant to buy something new that I can't return to add to the collection!

I like it. I had several Mustang seats before and find this one very different. It is firmer and I find it very comfortable. I also like the back support, I usually lean into it and put my feet on Rivco Aeropegs, and I can do this for many miles at the time.

I also like that it lowered me down a bit, it makes it easier to handle the bike while in twisties, and it also made my windshield be more useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden