Bike MP3 Rack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike MP3 Rack

Bike MP3 Rack

I was looking at purchasing one of these and noticed that if your passenger back rest is not installed, you need to also purchase an OEM bracket kit in order to mount rack. That's an extra 90 bucks, any way around this without having to put the backrest back on the bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
    I was looking at purchasing one of these and noticed that if your passenger back rest is not installed, you need to also purchase an OEM bracket kit in order to mount rack. That's an extra 90 bucks, any way around this without having to put the backrest back on the bike?
    Apache, if I'm not mistaken, you need the bracket kit to mount both the passenger backrest and the MP3 rack. As a result, I know of no way to avoid buying the bracket kit.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Nope its required for most all the racks...One of the reasons to buy the deluxe. You get way more than $1000 in needed parts with the deluxe..................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Nope its required for most all the racks...One of the reasons to buy the deluxe. You get way more than $1000 in needed parts with the deluxe..................................Dickie
    Dickie.... What is this deluxe rack you speak of?

Dickie.... What is this deluxe rack you speak of?
    I believe he speaketh of the F6B Standard vs Deluxe models. The deluxe model includes the back rest and necessary hardware for mounting a rack along with Cruise control (2015 models), centerstand, heated grips, and self-cancelling turn signals.

Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    I believe he speaketh of the F6B Standard vs Deluxe models. The deluxe model includes the back rest and necessary hardware for mounting a rack along with Cruise control (2015 models), centerstand, heated grips, and self-cancelling turn signals.
    I have a deluxe model, but I took the backrest off. Do I still need the OEM Bracket Kit in order to install the Bike MP3 rack?

I have a deluxe model, but I took the backrest off. Do I still need the OEM Bracket Kit in order to install the Bike MP3 rack?
    As long as you left the brackets on, you should be good-to-go.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    As long as you left the brackets on, you should be good-to-go.
    I just took the backrest off and screwed the bolts back in the holes. Do I need the base off of the backrest? All the pics I've seen doesn't show any base or OEM brackets that I can see! Looks like the rack just screws into the existing mount holes?!?!? I don't get the OEM bracket kit......

I just took the backrest off and screwed the bolts back in the holes. Do I need the base off of the backrest? All the pics I've seen doesn't show any base or OEM brackets that I can see! Looks like the rack just screws into the existing mount holes?!?!? I don't get the OEM bracket kit......
    Your good to go! You have everything that you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Your good to go! You have everything that you need.
    StepBill... Thank you Sir! I thought it looked like I could just bolt that thing on! The ad is a bit misleading, they should state that OEM Kit is for Standard models only, Deluxe you're good to go! Thanks again everybody, timely and to the point, solved my dilemma!