F6B Problem...??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Problem...???

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    You folks obviously are not using the transmission mute switch.
    I tried that but it was so quiet I couldn't sleep. I need a little noise.

We have a RTE on Oct 4th...ride over and you can see and compare a few F6's...then decide... you can ride mine if the lights don't blind you !!!!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...LORIDA-RTE-III
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    We have a RTE on Oct 4th...ride over and you can see and compare a few F6's...then decide... you can ride mine if the lights don't blind you !!!!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...LORIDA-RTE-III
    I think I saw a UFO!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

1,600 miles still with Mother Honda oil, wait for the first oil change with Rotella T6. It gets quieter then. See you on Oct 4th in Plant City.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    1,600 miles still with Mother Honda oil, wait for the first oil change with Rotella T6. It gets quieter then. See you on Oct 4th in Plant City.
    Yea, I'm at 2500 miles now; still with the original oil in it from purchase new. Going to swap out soon with same GN4 oil though... I may go synthetic down the road... bike sounds fine with the Dino oil.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Will it shifts better with T6!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Will it shifts better with T6!
    That's what they say. But mine seems to shift fine, no issues or clanking with it. Seems very smooth. Why fix something that doesn't need fixing?

If it shifts any smoother... I won't be able to tell that I actually shifted it.

And besides.. I had a bad experience with Shell Rotella T6... covered that in another thread....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...=shell+rotella

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

It appears to me that you are trying to hard to hear strange sounds/noises..It's a motorcycle and makes weird sounds as do most of them. The GW/F6B is one of the more reliable bikes on the planet and I would not worry about the little noises it makes..Sometimes my transmission is a little noisy, other times not...Switching to Rotella T-6 did not make much difference to me, but the trans shifts fine, the bike runs great and that is all that counts for me....Ride safe...

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That's what they say. But mine seems to shift fine, no issues or clanking with it. Seems very smooth. Why fix something that doesn't need fixing?

If it shifts any smoother... I won't be able to tell that I actually shifted it.

And besides.. I had a bad experience with Shell Rotella T6... covered that in another thread....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...=shell+rotella
    I Have no Doubt You've been convinced that Rotella T6 caused you cam problems. I doubt the oil had much to do with it.Perhaps something mechanical,who knows..Rotella T6 5W-40 exceeds JASO,DH2 AND JASO MA OIL as specified by Honda... I believe it to be a better oil than Honda's synthhetic and much less expensive. I've run it hundreds of thousands of miles in 6 dump trucks..
    This being said ,you run what you think is best for you...If you put the Honda oil between your fingers and rub them together and do the same with Rotella T6 you will see from feel that the T6 is much more slick. Try it..Smoother shifts convinced me...PS Turn up the radio and ride the wheels off and don't worry about every little noise...Buy a Harley if you want noises to worry about...................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Thank you all for the input...Being new to the F6B, it makes me feel better hearing what others with more experience on this bike have to say about it.

After putting up $22,000 for this bike...Yes, I am a bit picky about how it performs and by not having another to compare it to, I just want to make sure it is operating as it should.

That's the beauty of forums! Lots of folks with the same interest helping each other.

Depending on weather, I'll try to shoot for that RTE in October.

Thanks!
    Keith