F6B Problem...??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Problem...???

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    Thank you all for the input...Being new to the F6B, it makes me feel better hearing what others with more experience on this bike have to say about it.

After putting up $22,000 for this bike...Yes, I am a bit picky about how it performs and by not having another to compare it to, I just want to make sure it is operating as it should.

That's the beauty of forums! Lots of folks with the same interest helping each other.

Depending on weather, I'll try to shoot for that RTE in October.

Thanks!
    Keith
    I'm not going to make it to the RE in October but you are welcome to come over to the Coca area and ride mine for comparison................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

What about 5th gear?

What's up with the 5th gear shift? Sometimes it seems notchy - like it tries to stop the shift halfway into the gear, and then slips in the rest of the way. Is there some sort of dual-stage for the overdrive? I notice when it does happen, the initial shift into 5th occurs, but then when that second 'notch' on 5th slips into place, the overdrive light comes on.

I've had a couple of trannys apart before on older bikes, so I have a good visual of how the forks and dogs work together. Just never experienced the notchy feeling on 5th before.

FWIW, the 1st-2nd shift (and all others for that matter) are quieter than they are on my VTX.
    Psalm 34

Try shifting above 3000 RPM that will smoothen the shifting some what.

You're right... higher revs generally help. I've noticed that with both of my Hondas. They don't like to be short-shifted.

But, fifth is different. None of the other gears on mine have that hitch where it feels like it's temporarily hanging up on the dog.

Now, if only the gear casing was transparent, I could stick my head down there & watch it shift. Then, maybe it would make more sense to me.
    Psalm 34

Mine is clunky loud 1st through 5th, Silky smooth and quiet when when shifting into 6th. The roll on power is so good in each gear that I never know what clunkin gear I'm in.

I'm a Shell Rotella T6 convert.
    Used it in my '81 Wing & 98 Valk. Smoothed everything right out.
    Currently running it in my F6B - awesomeness.

Also, remember that 4th AND 5th are both overdrive gears and do not like the aforementioned "short-shifting."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Smoothen?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Smoothen?
    It's that moment when you is fixin to sneak in to bed with that special thang........"I be smoothen between the sheets for you honey".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Mine is clunky loud 1st through 5th, Silky smooth and quiet when when shifting into 6th. The roll on power is so good in each gear that I never know what clunkin gear I'm in.
    6th? What you talking about Willis?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    6th? What you talking about Willis?
    Not convinced I'll trade my beloved Vic XC for for a F6B just yet but I love this forum. You guys are a hoot!