F6B Problem...??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: F6B Problem...???

shooter
    Guys its like Hgslayer said above. You gotta get out of it , yank the lever , bang the gear , and get back in it all at the same time. I see guys pull the clutch and then , wait for it , shift , let the clutch out , then roll on the throttle. They aren't real smooth like that. The quicker you complete the process , the less the rpm drop and the smoother the shift. And like what was also said if you shift above 3000 rpm it really helps.

Yeah... it really is a sweet ride. Even when I'm naming its idiosyncrasies, I feel like I'm nitpicking. It does just about everything better than any bike I've ever had.
    Psalm 34

I put a 12" taller windshield on tonight, now I hear EVERYTHING!
    The radio is finally audible at highway speeds, will leave a flash drive plugged in with good tunes to mask the noises.

Clunk between 1st and 2nd

About 4500 miles the clunk went away on mine. It was loud even with preload until it hit 4500 miles.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Yep. Bigger windscreens seem to reflect ALL the noises. I remember thinking my VTX engine sounded like a bucket of loose bolts after installing a Memphis Shades. The forums said that the bucket of loose bolts noise meant a happy bike on the VTX, so I rode on and got used to it.

It has the 1st-2nd clunk to this day. Chalked that up to being a Honda tranny. Haven't quite reached the 4500 mile mark on my F6B, but the shifts do seem to get smoother the more miles I put on.
    Psalm 34

The F6B is the smoothest bike you are ever gonna ride. I suggest you use full synthetic 10w-40 and ride it a little harder.

It will appreciate it and reward you handsomely.

You might also look into the Kury heel-toe shifter. I love mine. But don't bang it into 2nd or 3rd--a light tap is all that is needed.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.