Critique my Ergo III'3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critique my Ergo III'3

Great write up Will! I ended rotating my brackets in towards the motor housing just a tad more so they are on a slight angle so when I put my feet on them, it's not stretching my legs out all of the way if this makes sense. I can take pics when I get home from work to clear it up a bit if need be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Great write up Will! I ended rotating my brackets in towards the motor housing just a tad more so they are on a slight angle so when I put my feet on them, it's not stretching my legs out all of the way if this makes sense. I can take pics when I get home from work to clear it up a bit if need be.
    Yes, I think you mean that you turned in the two bottom mounted set screws on each side; that push against that plastic protector tip under each engine head? That'll rotate the entire arm up and inwards as I think you described. I left mine at the neutral setting for the moment.

I just came back from a ride testing the Ergo III's for fit; and I think I need to adjust them more so that my legs are more straighter. I can currently stick my heels up on the top of the Trident peg; which gives me full leg extension... but I feel a little awkward doing that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I like my Ergo IIIs but wish they would mount further forward on the engine guard. If they didn't hit on the diagonal brace, the mount could go forward at least a couple more inches. I wonder if there's a way they could mount on the vertical part of the crash bar. I have my arm adjusted all the way inward but would still like more legroom.
    I feel the same way. I still have one more (or two possibly) screw hole adjustments that I can collapse the arm on; to give me more stretch of the leg(s). But I'd just rather be able to move the entire assembly forward on the engine crash bar(s)...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I was looking at these pegs and seeing them at the ims show I went with the mic o pegs and I'm so happy I didnt lose any sore of clearance in corners drag my factory foot pegs often and the mic o pegs drop lower when they are being used

Fine tune Peg adjustmets

This may have been covered and you guys already know,,, but there is a very small socket (allan head) screw inside the bottom of the foot peg that will fine tune the angle of the peg.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    This may have been covered and you guys already know,,, but there is a very small socket (allan head) screw inside the bottom of the foot peg that will fine tune the angle of the peg.
    +1 I just did that to make the pedal a little flatter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

I don't think you have enough pegs !!!

My pegs draw a bit of attention. I have two sets mounted in such a way as to use them to be able to move around on long trips. (my last trip was 7000mi in 14 days)

It doesn't look as silly in person as it does in the pictures. But it sure does work nice !!!! I can heel one peg and rest my toe on another, or just use one peg at a time. The top pegs are for stretching my 35in inseam legs out straight.

They fold up and back and the center peg hits just a bit before the stock peg.

I have spent most of my money on Motorcycle and Women, the rest I just wasted..

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    My pegs draw a bit of attention. I have two sets mounted in such a way as to use them to be able to move around on long trips. (my last trip was 7000mi in 14 days)

It doesn't look as silly in person as it does in the pictures. But it sure does work nice !!!! I can heel one peg and rest my toe on another, or just use one peg at a time. The top pegs are for stretching my 35in inseam legs out straight.

They fold up and back and the center peg hits just a bit before the stock peg.

I have spent most of my money on Motorcycle and Women, the rest I just wasted..
    Nothing wrong with options!

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Do the pegs stay in an up position if you place in that position?

Well, i've just received my Ergo 3's from Cruiser Customising ( great service) and fitted them as recommended.
    Am I missing something with the foot rests. Are they supposed to stay up if you put them in that position?
    Mine jus t flop about. I tried fitting the wave washer in the clevis but not enough room. Thanks for any advice re this.
    KenAttachment 16775

Sorted

All sorted.
    I just hadn't sworn at the pegs enough. Managed to get the wave washer in, now the clevis is nice and tight.
    Im off for a test ride.
    Ken
    Attachment 16776