Critique my Ergo III'3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique my Ergo III'3

Critique my Ergo III'3

Critique my install of the Kuryakyn Ergo III's...

I just got done putting them on... the slightly offset engine heads kept throwing me for a loop; since I couldn't get the pegs to line up quite right.... until I remembered that the rear of the heads were not the same in depth; from the rider's viewpoint.

I think I've got the clevis angled correctly; pegs will fold up and to the rear if they touch down on the pavement. The Trident pegs are a little "stiff" due to the wave washer and the specified 25ft lbs of torque... hopefully they'll loosen with use... I don't want them flopping around though...

Took me seemingly all afternoon trying to get them to feel just right... but I think it's done. Going to take a ride in a little bit.

Up:

Down:

Stowed:

Riders perspective down:

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Great post.
    I have ordered a set from the US which should arive shortly.
    I fly down to Brisbane (Australia) on Monday 21 Sept to pick my new bike up, and ride 2000kms home, so I'll follow this thread for any tips re set up.
    Ken

Look like the same problem

I love the Rivco Aero Highway pegs but stretching my hips around the fairing is what's giving me grief, this older than dirt stuff is for the birds. Hips are not liking the position and I think the Ergo's would give me the same problem I have now with the Rivcos. I am contemplating taking the Aero pegs off because I can't use them to long or my hips start giving me problems. They might be up for sale shortly. As long as I keep my feet on the regular footpegs I don't have any trouble. Its really hard to find a set that lets you stretch out your legs when you dealing with the fairing being in the way a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I love the Rivco Aero Highway pegs but stretching my hips around the fairing is what's giving me grief, this older than dirt stuff is for the birds. Hips are not liking the position and I think the Ergo's would give me the same problem I have now with the Rivcos. I am contemplating taking the Aero pegs off because I can't use them to long or my hips start giving me problems. They might be up for sale shortly. As long as I keep my feet on the regular footpegs I don't have any trouble. Its really hard to find a set that lets you stretch out your legs when you dealing with the fairing being in the way a bit.
    Yes... the Rivco Aero pegs. I really wanted a set of them bad since they blend in so nicely with the F6B. But the positioning of them (too high) would bother my hips as well. Getting old sucks.

However the Ergo III's don't prop your leg/feet so high... it lowers them more and are more adjustable... that's why I went with them. Got the opportunity to try both types of highway pegs out in Franklin, NC recently; from fellow riders whom have them... and it was easier to make my decision on which one's to buy; because of that.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I have been adjusting mine the last three nights and then testing them on the way to work. I think they are close but still not just right.

I think yours will drag the ground if you lean hard. They will lift but they could catch and I think they will stop you from leaning. I had mine down like yours and I felt they would drag if I leaned. I never had them drag but I never went through any hard leans in fear they would drag.

Something to check on.... did you measure from the pegs forward to get the correct measurement ???

Got you!!! Each side of the bike are different...depending where you measure from!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ergo IIIs

Willtill,

They look just like the way I have mine set. They do sit low and will drag when bike is pushed in curves, but in major twistys I prefer to fold them up with feet on mini boards.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have been adjusting mine the last three nights and then testing them on the way to work. I think they are close but still not just right.

I think yours will drag the ground if you lean hard. They will lift but they could catch and I think they will stop you from leaning. I had mine down like yours and I felt they would drag if I leaned. I never had them drag but I never went through any hard leans in fear they would drag.
    Agree. Must be careful. At least they'll (supposedly) give way and kick up; if a major twisty appeared and I get complacent regarding the deployed pegs

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Willtill,

They look just like the way I have mine set. They do sit low and will drag when bike is pushed in curves, but in major twisty s I prefer to fold them up with feet on mini boards.

Rich
    That's what I plan to do as well Rich. There is also an option to leave them fixed in the "Up" position without them depressing to the "down" position. So many ways to play with these things.

I do like adjustability. Because one size really never completely fits all.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

The arms of mine are parallel with the engine guards when my feet are off them. Your look as if you have them angled to the ground more. I would think they would be more likely to drag in the corners even with your feet off of them. I never fold up the actual foot rests except when maneuvering in close quarters.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I like my Ergo IIIs but wish they would mount further forward on the engine guard. If they didn't hit on the diagonal brace, the mount could go forward at least a couple more inches. I wonder if there's a way they could mount on the vertical part of the crash bar. I have my arm adjusted all the way inward but would still like more legroom.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!