Ouch, that shipping hurts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch, that shipping hurts

Ouch, that shipping hurts

Just boxed up the oem seat off the F6b to send out to Day-Long custom seats to see if they can build me one that will allow me to go extreme distances, But Oh Boy they don't ship them for free, Cadillac, Michigan to Shasta lake, California was $131 bucks just to get it there. I'm not made of money but it seems they think I am

What happened? I shipped a Corbin back to California and it was only $67 bucks, I used FedEx and it went from Ohio
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

That was on Fed-X

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    What happened? I shipped a Corbin back to California and it was only $67 bucks, I used FedEx and it went from Ohio
    Yes sir that is how it was sent and they really stuck it too me for sure. It was Fed-X that charge me 45 bucks from Ohio to Michigan, they are getting greedy for sure.

Let me know how it goes...Im 2 1/2 hours from shasta so I could drive it if its worth it...Post pics and review...thx
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hopefully I get it back in time

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Let me know how it goes...Im 2 1/2 hours from shasta so I could drive it if its worth it...Post pics and review...thx
    I am hoping they get it done and back to me before the 6 has to be put up for the winter. I would like to get some 200 or 300 mile rides in yet this year on it to figure out how well its working. Talk to Big Larry he is an avid customer of Day-Long custom seat as he has had them build numerous seats for him and if anyone can put a seat to the ultimate test its Big Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Just boxed up the oem seat off the F6b to send out to Day-Long custom seats to see if they can build me one that will allow me to go extreme distances, But Oh Boy they don't ship them for free, Cadillac, Michigan to Shasta lake, California was $131 bucks just to get it there. I'm not made of money but it seems they think I am
    When I shipped my seat to them from North Carolina via UPS it was $101.00 including insurance. You will be happy with the new seat though, they are well worth the money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

It the size of the box that is required to ship the seat in that apparently costs the "big bucks"....Or so I was told by the local UPS guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    It the size of the box that is required to ship the seat in that apparently costs the "big bucks"....Or so I was told by the local UPS guy!!!
    True! The shipping of the completed seat back to you probably won't be as much. Companies that do a lot of shipping will have boxes made to the minimum dimensions to accept their products, thus holding down the price. The consumer has to make do with a box that generally is larger than needed which will increase the rate.

Sheesh...

You should try getting stuff to here... Sometimes dearer than the actual product!

cut rates

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    True! The shipping of the completed seat back to you probably won't be as much. Companies that do a lot of shipping will have boxes made to the minimum dimensions to accept their products, thus holding down the price. The consumer has to make do with a box that generally is larger than needed which will increase the rate.
    Shipping outfit competing for business against their rival companies will sometime cut the shipping cost by as much as 60% to get the shipments from a company that uses their competition, I was in the freight industry for a time and saw this first hand.