Little windshield deflector add on? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little windshield deflector add on?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I told you I ordered the large one! This way you can put the large one in the lowest setting. Is your medium in it's highest setting?

Yes, my Medium is in the highest setting. About 15.75" high.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That looks interesting.

I ordered a medium sized gray tinted Clearview recurve; but now wish I ordered the large one instead. I am getting some head buffeting (not severe) at the moment... but it is mitigated somewhat by different helmet designs.

Maybe I'll try that deflector. Not sure how it's going to work with a recurve shield though....
    If your thinking of changing, go with the extra-large from Clearview not the large. I just received my large and i'm getting buffeting with it. Somehow my order got screwed up and I never caught it on the invoice cause I ordered the extra-large.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    If your thinking of changing, go with the extra-large from Clearview not the large. I just received my large and i'm getting buffeting with it. Somehow my order got screwed up and I never caught it on the invoice cause I ordered the extra-large.
    I don't see the option for an Extra-Large; pertaining to the F6B selection that they offer

???

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I don't see the option for an Extra-Large; pertaining to the F6B selection that they offer

???

That's my problem then, I originally placed my order for my 14 Kawasaki Vaquero and ordered the X-large. When I traded in that bike for the F6 I called Clearview and got them to change the order for the new bike. If they don't have an X-large for the F6 I guess that explains why I got a large instead. Guess I should have checked before I piped up and told you wrong,... duh!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Maybe I'll try that deflector. Not sure how it's going to work with a recurve shield though....
    I've put one on my Klockwerks recurve shield and it works well. I rarely use it, because it sits right in my line of sight. But on a long Interstate trip, it really cuts down any wind, noise and buffeting.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    I've put one on my Klockwerks recurve shield and it works well. I rarely use it, because it sits right in my line of sight. But on a long Interstate trip, it really cuts down any wind, noise and buffeting.
    Well.. they say that hindsight is 20/20... and I should have bought a large Clearview instead (as Fla_rider suggested), but Wing'n it says the large didn't work out for him.

What to do?

I can live with the medium Clearview. It's not that bad. But I'd like something better. Money in no object regarding a windshield... but I hate buying and trying different ones; and relegating hanging them to the nail inside of the shed.

..not sure if an added piece of a windshield above the recurve is going to be smart either. It's a different airflow... being pushed up and then bubbling back over the seat area... And... I do not want to be riding around with a see thru "barn door" attached to the front of my motorcycle.

I was playing with my OEM low cut stock windshield today... maybe I'll sacrifice it to the jig saw and see what happens.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I have a bagger shield dark smoke on my bike (not the 2 piece flip). I like it...... But it could be a little taller. I thought about buying the same one trimming the bottom to match the fairing and mounting it with spacers similar to the madstad. 😯